JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Wifi issues

(Topic created on: 11/20/20 7:22 PM)
user8L9TjFNGzk
Asteroid
Options
Note20

My Note 20 Ultra doesn't working good on wireless. The phone connects and work for 5~10 minutes then stops to work on wireless. Alreafy did network reset and wiped the cache. Nothing changed on 5G is working good 🤬🤬🤬 1<edit>

270 Replies
userAF3BRAxDIl
Constellation
Options
Note20

Same problem. Wifi not working on note 20 ultra. Speed very slow, S20 ultra works perfectly.  Restart phone, works for a few minutes then degrades.  @samsung978531 needs to fix.  

userFywgYwbWBG
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Same here @SamsungQue looks like the issue is present on a considerable number of phones, is this matter being investigated? Can you please update whether this is a software or hardware issue? Surely you have a database documenting issues that have been bought to Samsung's attention across the globe and the relavant fixes. If it is a software issue, please rectify this asap. My s8 works without any issue.

userXvCwVKTFwi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
FIXED... connect to your 5G wifi..click on the settings button on the right side where the network name is displayed... click on advanced... click on MAC address type and choose "Phone MAC".

That did for me.
Hope it helps .
0 Likes
userXPNUzRPBHV
Constellation
Options
Note20
does not work
0 Likes
Options
Note20

When using the Samsung Internet app, I noticed it will simply stop (the bar at the top of the screen).  The only way to get it to complete is to restart the phone.  This is on WIFI.  LTE does not have the issue.

I suspect given the number of people reporting the problem, there is a software problem with the Note 20 / Note 20 Ultra.

I also did a setting reset and network setting reset (2 different resets) without fixing the problem.

SAMSUNG:  Can someone there look into this issue, please?

SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

I would like to look into this issue for you. Let's look at a couple of things first.

Does this issue happen when you're connected to other wifi networks?

Have you made sure that your phone is up to date on its software?

Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
user8L9TjFNGzk
Asteroid
Options
Note20

None of this work.

I think i found thr problem, in my case was the facebook app. I went on app info and cleaned cache and data from thr app. Have use for 3 days without drop connection. Worth i try once you dont lose anything 🤷‍:male_sign:

0 Likes
user7RUovUiSGS
Constellation
Options
Note20

Surely a brand new phone should work straight away with none of this nonsense? Your getting us to do your work for you and fix our own phones?! 

This should not have been an issue to start. I have had this problem since I recieved my brand new, sealed, phone out the box!

user3EBet6l7fi
Constellation
Options
Note20

This worked for about 5 minutes. Then it went out again.

plms
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I'm running into the same issue. I have the latest software as of 8/22. I have two wifi networks at home and I have the same issue on both with my Note 20 Ultra. I have other phones and devices that connect to both of those wifi networks without issues.
0 Likes