JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Wifi issues

(Topic created: 12-03-2020 03:01 PM)
user8L9TjFNGzk
Asteroid
Options
Note20

My Note 20 Ultra doesn't working good on wireless. The phone connects and work for 5~10 minutes then stops to work on wireless. Alreafy did network reset and wiped the cache. Nothing changed on 5G is working good 🤬🤬🤬 1<edit>

270 Replies
userubPAQ9exU4
Constellation
Options
Note20

Same issue with my Ultra. Often times need to turn off wifi. I'm not feeling very "Ultra"

userXvCwVKTFwi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
FIXED... connect to your 5G wifi..click on the settings button on the right side where the network name is displayed... click on advanced... click on MAC address type and choose "Phone MAC".

That did for me.
Hope it helps .
larryguy90
Astronaut
Options
Note20
didn't work
userNyXFIk6uo7
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Same, my note 8 was a much more reliable device than this note 20 ultra is turning out to be. Can't use one of the most important functions of a cellphone which is wifi connectivity. Samsubg better get their act together with this.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Note20

the solution wokred for me but i had to reset my network settings first and re add that wifi connection. only then it worked with Phone Mac.

JJ_
Constellation
Options
Note20

FIXED! Thanks!! I tried all other options listed but only this combo worked for me. After cleaning cache from Settings/Device Care and restarting my phone I did following steps:

1. Reset Network Settings (this one is missing from all other suggestions)

2. Re-add wi-fi connection + give a password

3. Click on the settings button on the right side where the network name is displayed

4. Click on Advanced

5. Click on MAC address type and choose "Phone MAC" >>> Done!

@MrQue 

userEottZnVZQO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I haven't seen the issue since switching to my 5GHz wifi network. I was already using the phone mac on the 2.4GHz network (without luck), so I don't know if that helps. So now I have to know whether this is a hardware defect or if they will fix it in software. Just saying "don't use 2.4GHz wifi" won't cut it for a new device.
0 Likes
user4GpGnkNu7g
Astronaut
Options
Note20

For me, this issue happens on both 5GHz and 2.4GHz network. I have also tried 3 different routers, all with the same result - ie the internet connectivity is lost while my Note 20 phone remains connected to the wifi network. 

usermuUiKCEtcC
Constellation
Options
Note20

I have been having this same issue for weeks. When my Note 20 Ultra is connected to my home wifi, everything loses connectivity. The phone, my laptop, tablet, everything. When I disconnect my phone, internet connectivity resumes for all devices. I'm astounded (and extremely disappointed) that there is no fix yet. 

0 Likes
CJacksonLASD
Constellation
Options
Note20
How is this issue not fixed. This is horrible. never buying a Samsung again, so frustrating.
0 Likes