JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Wifi issues

(Topic created: 12-26-2020 09:50 AM)
user8L9TjFNGzk
Asteroid
Options
Note20

My Note 20 Ultra doesn't working good on wireless. The phone connects and work for 5~10 minutes then stops to work on wireless. Alreafy did network reset and wiped the cache. Nothing changed on 5G is working good 🤬🤬🤬 1<edit>

270 Replies
dvdvgt
Constellation
Options
Note20

Did the replacement have the same problem? How'd you get Samsung to do that? 

0 Likes
Albob
Astronaut
Options
Note20
My Note 20 Ultra is doing the same thing. Every few minutes, it loses Internet connectivity and I get the ! A reboot or disconnection/reconnection with the home router fixes the issues temporarily. I never noticed this issue before the upgrade to Android 11. Other devices, including three iPhones and a smart TV work with no issues. None of the fixes in this forum have worked for me.
0 Likes
Members_IMuWPPw
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I too have been having issues with my Note 20 ultra wifi.  I have reset all the network settings to factory.  I have updated my wireless router to the latest firmware.  And of course I have restarted both the phone and the router.  The wifi icon is usually on the top of the screen but sometimes pages or pictures don't load and/or apps lose connectivity.  I have to deal with this issue everyday.  A couple of weeks I decided to turn off wifi but then my wireless carrier started throtling my speed so I had to turn wifi back on.  All my other wifi devices work just fine so I know for sure the issue is with the Note 20 Ultra.  The only thing for me to try is to do a factory reset, which I don't feel like doing.

0 Likes
Oyster_41
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I can sense your frustration. It's a brand new device and it should work perfectly without having to change things. Samsung has messed up again 

0 Likes
userqDO8QfoxWa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I am also using Samsung note 20 ultra, having smae wifi issues, got replaced phone too, that one also same problem, called AT&T and Samsung many time but no use
0 Likes
userT7LerWbyli
Constellation
Options
Note20

Dude... settings, location, turn off Google location accuracy. Fixes it immediately. 

userOxxtzBItWW
Constellation
Options
Note20

this works for me for a few mintues but i have to keep turning on and off my wifi. This is rediculous for such a pricey phone. Has anyone recived an update on what Samsung is doing to fix this? Why should i have to turn off Location that's nuts.

0 Likes
userEottZnVZQO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Nothing worked for me until switched over to a 5GHz wifi network. I never got 2.4 GHz to hold a reliable internet connection. And yeah, I don't think it's acceptable to "just turn off <this>" or "just don't use 2.4GHz". If it were an old phone, long past end of life, sure; but these are brand new flagship models.

I've seen nothing from Samsung, here or from any of the tens of error reports that I sent from my phone. I got plenty of canned messages to try basic wifi troubleshooting steps, but nothing about this issue.

This is the last Samsung device I will ever buy.

0 Likes
user0XcIKl60Yk
Constellation
Options
Note20

Upgraded yesterday to Android 11, but the issue still persist. They haven't fixed. Before 3 weeks ago my Note was running without any problem. Most likely is software related.  Since the last update my phone getting disconnected every 5 minutes. Tired of it. Old samsung user here. This is the last Samsung phone for me , I'll never buy again. I deactivated google accuracy 20 minutes ago. Don't know if it works. Paying so much money on something that is not working properly is just madness 

0 Likes
userEottZnVZQO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

The fact that everybody isn't seeing the problem makes me wonder if it's either a weird interaction with other wifi devices or a marginal hardware issue. Mine works on 5GHz wifi, but not on 2.4GHz. Is that because of something in the 2.4GHz spectrum that the network stack is choking on? Is there a fault in my hardware that only affects 2.4GHz? I don't know, and it doesn't seem like Samsung is making any effort to find out. (i.e. they haven't contacted any of us to run diagnostics or gather extra logging.) Since I have a configuration that gets me by, I'm less motivated to play the game of returning phones until I get one that works (or they get annoyed enough to look into it). That's probably what they're counting on.

0 Likes