JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Wifi issues

(Topic created: 01-18-2021 06:48 AM)
user8L9TjFNGzk
Asteroid
Options
Note20

My Note 20 Ultra doesn't working good on wireless. The phone connects and work for 5~10 minutes then stops to work on wireless. Alreafy did network reset and wiped the cache. Nothing changed on 5G is working good 🤬🤬🤬 1<edit>

270 Replies
userMVhZfYO8E5
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I am 25 year IT network admin and I've got phenomenal WiFi coverage at home. I just got my Note 20 ultra last night and various apps all day long throw an error along the lines of "you're offline...check your connection" regardless of I was in 5ghz or 2ghz... extremely annoying for a $1300 phone. until last night i owned/used a Samsung Note 8 for 3 years. The note 3 never had problems on either 5 ghz or 2 ghz.
Members_2R0FVpL
Constellation
Options
Note20

I have the same problem with latency. Apps come up blank on wifi with no content until I turn it off and let it connect to LTE. At that point I can turn wifi on again. This is definitely a phone glitch not a wifi problem. Samsung needs to acknowledge and patch this. 

userEottZnVZQO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I don't even need to let it connect to LTE (though it might, if it's quick), I just toggle wifi off and on again. The only option chat support offers is to send/take it in for service or replacement. That's not going to do a lot of good if the problem is in the network stack. I just turned on developer mode so I can start sending bug reports. I don't know how much good that will do, but maybe it will go to the right people.

userPJw9wBXJw7
Constellation
Options
Note20

absolutely same thing for me. I have blazing fast wifi/internet at my job (hospital) which works incredibly well on all my devices - except this poc galaxy 20/ultra. glad I'm not the only one, but now what do we do... I'm stuck with a 1300$ phone 😞 

0 Likes
userXAQr8gPhCN
Constellation
Options
Note20

I'm having the same problem. I didn't notice it till after  a update. Does this thread get back to Samsung?

userAy4BGDqiLc
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Similar issue with mine as well. After a few minutes the connection stays solid but the internet does not work. The weird thing is other devices on the same network were also affected. Then randomly after a minute it works again. Tried to download something and it kept timing out. This only started after an update to the phone happened. 

userXvCwVKTFwi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

FIXED...  connect to your 5G wifi..click on the settings button on the right side where the network name is displayed... click on advanced... click on MAC address type and choose "Phone MAC".

That did for me.

Hope it helps .

Imakethesites
Constellation
Options
Note20

Thanks so much ! I was about to return my phone or buy a new a router, but this solution worked! I went from the following numbers: 

Google wifi test via Google Home app: 450mbs download

Speedtest.net: 385mbps download

Note 20 ultra network speed: 80mbps-188mbps (not really this fast) 

Post phone MAC solution: 

Note 20 ultra Network speed:  780mbps!

user8KItIrn5CR
Astronaut
Options
Note20

This resolved my issues as well. Thanks fo the tip!

usercbtoWT7ovp
Astronaut
Options
Note20

that's worked perfect for me , thanks for shared