JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Wifi issues

(Topic created: 08-20-2020 01:29 PM)
user8L9TjFNGzk
Asteroid
Options
Note20

My Note 20 Ultra doesn't working good on wireless. The phone connects and work for 5~10 minutes then stops to work on wireless. Alreafy did network reset and wiped the cache. Nothing changed on 5G is working good 🤬🤬🤬 1<edit>

JUMP TO SOLUTION
270 Replies
usereLtvlozVly
Astronaut
Options
Note20
agree. this issue s

@userXOTJ0BRNGy wrote:

This is not a solution, its turning it off and on again. You have released a bug in your November update that is causung WiFi issues with 2.4 and 5 ghz networks. Turning it off and on does not fix your bug. (And ye I did try anyway)

Top end phone, biggest pile of problems, battery and WiFi.

Is there an update on a permanent PROPER fix?

tarted for me right after the update in november
0 Likes
usertXGNYz8RBd
Constellation
Options
Note20

Unmark this as a solution. It does not fix the issue.

SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

@usertXGNYz8RBd If you've tried the troubleshooting steps, you should also note that the Accepted solution states, if you still have trouble, you need to have your unit serviced, therefore feel free to contact a moderator for further assistance. 

0 Likes
Members_qJFZ0dn
Constellation
Options
Note20

So I was experiencing the problem the rest of you have been. I lose internet connection while my wifi connection appears to be strong. I have a Google Mesh Wifi. I believe the device loses internet connection when it attempts to shift from 5ghz to 2.4. I tried every fix mentioned in the thread with no help whatsoever. I ended up sending my Note 20 Ultra back to Google (I bought it from the Google Fi store). I had them send me out a replacement Note 20 Ultra and I've gone 48 hours without a single instance of lost connection. This makes me believe that the problem is hardware related as nothing about my setup has changed, nothing about the phone's software has changed, the installed apps and settings are all the same. The only thing different is the phone itself and thus far it has worked flawlessly. My previous phone would lose connection at least every 1/2 hour, often sooner than that. I feel bad as the vast majority of you cannot return your phones. I was lucky I was within my 14 day window. Samsung should ABSOLUTELY allow those affected by this MANUFACTURERS DEFECT return their phones for a replacement. This is a 1200 dollar phone! It must be able to connect and stay connected to WIFI. 

userEwgx86DrDy
Constellation
Options
Note20
with this many people having the same issue, it is not going to be fixed by standard troubleshooting steps and it is not going to be the individuals phone. There has to be an issue in the software that needs to be resolved by Samsung.
0 Likes
userTaNZCKP7lA
Constellation
Options
Note20

Please see the latest replies to this thread. The issue appears to be realted to Google location services. Once you disable that wifi becomes stable again. This is not a solution, or even a workaround. Location services are needed for many important apps and automations. 

A factory reset did not fix this. 

0 Likes
userNJBOHeP6UN
Constellation
Options
Note20

Thise instructions are ridiculous. Restart your phone?!? Seriously, my Note 20 Ultra has constant lost wifi issues throughout the day. What is wrong here? 

0 Likes
userHURna6iRES
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I am having the same issue with the wifi connection drop every 5-10min .  it so irritating. 

0 Likes
userXtv8nrRQeU
Constellation
Options
Note20

Also having problems with 2000$ note20 ultra pos.  Wasted 1 hr with Samsung support.  Phone wouldn't update.  Finally got Dec 1 update and still has intermittent  service.  Such trashy device. Regret t buying the pos.  Telus tech checked system and other devices work flawlessly So infrastructure is great..   Note 20 where do I get a refund for this junk.  Have to discount and reconnect with top menu all the frigging time.  Guess it's off to the bulls××× local warranty.  Would prefer a refund not impressed with trashy device.

0 Likes
Oyster_41
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I bought a brand new unlocked Note 20 and traded my Galaxy S8 2 weeks ago. I have never had these many issues with loosing wifi signals. I am constantly loosing connection every 10-15 minutes and it is very frustrating. I chatted with Samsung customer service this morning and according to them Samsung is not aware of any such issues. They even replied me saying that Samsugn has not received any complaitns with wifi connectivity issues for Note 20. Yes, I have tried restartign my device, router, modem and all the other basic things. Does anyone have real solution to this problem ? I have already started return process for this device but wondering if anyone can help me resolve it first. It's a shame Samsung is still having issue after so many generations of Galaxy devices. 

0 Likes