JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Wifi issues

(Topic created: 08-20-2020 01:29 PM)
user8L9TjFNGzk
Asteroid
Options
Note20

My Note 20 Ultra doesn't working good on wireless. The phone connects and work for 5~10 minutes then stops to work on wireless. Alreafy did network reset and wiped the cache. Nothing changed on 5G is working good 🤬🤬🤬 1<edit>

JUMP TO SOLUTION
270 Replies
useriuWw93WS7a
Constellation
Options
Note20
me too I'm having the same problem. My phone will connect to Wi-Fi work on Wi-Fi for about 5 minutes then stopped working. I have to disconnect from my Wi-Fi in order to be able to use the phone. it's not a Wi-Fi problem because my wife's phone works fine and my other kids phones work without issues. anything you can recommend it would be greatly appreciated.
0 Likes
Oyster_41
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I am also having same issues . Did you able to solve this issue ? 

0 Likes
Vecharo
Constellation
Options
Note20
See my post below. Turn off google location accuracy services
0 Likes
Vecharo
Constellation
Options
Note20
I found this solution on a reddit thread that seems to be working. Turn off Google location accuracy services. It's a pain and given this is a flagship phone we shouldn't have to do this. But, it works. When I open the camera it asks if I want to turn on location accuracy to tag the location in the picture. And, you'll also need to toggle this for maps and other location based apps.
0 Likes
userSpApeeuamm
Constellation
Options
Note20
Note 20 keeps losing Wi-Fi signal.
0 Likes
Spridell
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Turning off Location Services DEF does work.  But its a poor solution.

It seems most people that are having problems are those with MESH wifi systems.

I have google wifi with 3 mesh points and the wifi connection drops moving from point to point and cant reconnect to the closer point.

It is a SAMSUNG problem.  I have an iphone, ipad, and an old Galaxy phone that have NO PROBLEMS at all.  So its something in the software of the newer galaxy phones.   

0 Likes
userl2LsnBW0gQ
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I was also having this problem and it was starting to get on my nerves. I have owned 20 plus Samsung phones and have never had an issue like this. I see others are turning off locations so now I have an alternative fix but I fixed mine another way. I also am using the older Google mesh wifi. What I did was switch dhcp to static by opening wifi clicking the network you are connected to go to advanced. I then went to my Google wifi network app and locked my phones ip. I did this 2 days ago and have had no issues since (fingers crossed). Before I was getting constant drops and no internet errors. Samsung needs to figure this out asap.

0 Likes
userfRJgLVdoXd
Constellation
Options
Note20

I was having this issue for over a month with my Gen 1 Google wifi mesh, even did static DHCP, didn't work, got fed up. Just installed Wifi6 Linksys Velop AX4200 last night. Seemed to have no issues but today it happened again the same thing, less frequently mind you but still happening. it's still connected to WiFi but loses internet connection and WiFi calling goes off too so you need to turn Wifi off then on again. It was clearly not the Google Wifi. This is a $2000 phone, I mean, this is unacceptable.

Turning off location services is a terrible fix, want to use Google maps you need to turn it back on then get home turn it off again, brutal.

I was at a hotel for 4 nights over the holidays, zero issues there. Not sure if it's the mesh that's an issue but I'm fed up.

Has anyone got a real solution from Samsung? 

0 Likes
pullenuk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Google Maps (and Waze), camera etc WILL work with Google Location Accurary turned off. Just ignore the prompts asking to turn it on. 

Its not just the Mesh systems. I have a seperate backup wifi system which is just a single router and it does exactly the same with that too.

I have emailed samsung again, I already have a long thread to their engineers on samsung members and requested an update.

My wife got the latest Google Pixel 5, the problem doesn't happen there. So its certainly a Samsung issue.

0 Likes
userfRJgLVdoXd
Constellation
Options
Note20

Right after posting, I checked software updates and One UI 3/Android 11 was ready to download so I did that. Not sure if it helps yet but will monitor. 

0 Likes