Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra autofocus not working correctly

(Topic created on: 1/7/21 1:18 PM)
Catalytic169
Explorer
Options
Note20
The title says it all I bought a note 20 Ultra and for the past 2 months the autofocus has been completely non-existent. I have to open and close the camera app for it to finally Focus and it's not exclusive to the camera app it happens on any other application that requires a camera like Instagram or SnapChat. Should I wait for an update or go through the warranty and change it?
5 Replies
Options
Note20

I would definitely advise you to have that checked out. If you're in The States I would say take it to the Samsung authorized dealer UBreakIfix or back to the place of purchase as it may be a hardware issue that no software update will address. Have you tried any troubleshooting like clearing the camera app cache/data followed by a soft reset or a partition cache clear?

0 Likes
Xenofont
Halo
Options
Note20
you are not the only one. same issue here.
Alanp613
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I heard it's because it doesn't have a macro camera or something like that. If you're too close to the camera it won't focus
0 Likes
Catalytic169
Explorer
Options
Note20
Yeah I know that it used to work fine but now it doesn't focus like at all it doesn't focus the autofocus is non-existent
0 Likes
userczB2UUhIbh
Asteroid
Options
Note20
my problem is that the order edges of my photos are out of focus. I serve the phone in a folder to keep it steady and use a remote to take pictures and I still have this problem. my thought is that the lens is defective.. where the picture is focused is very sharp.. the outer edges not so much. I rely on my phone camera to take photos of items I sell, so sharp images are a must. this is very frustrating. I took my phone to UBREAKIFIX, they ran their complete diagnostics and found the camera to be operating properly... they obviously didn't take any photos bc the problem still exists... that's why I think the lenses themselves are defective. I upgraded from a Note 10 to this Note 20, and am disappointed in this camera... wish I had my Note 10 back. I took think Samsung should compensate us for this issue.