cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Note 20 Ultra close up pictures are blurry

Is it just me or are close up pictures blurry? No matter what I do to adjust the focus it is still blurry.  Even in pro mode, manually adjusting, it doesn't make much of a difference. I take close ups of plants on a daily bases and the image is just blurry. I take better close up pictures with my note 8 at this point. I heard the s20 had a similar issue. I waited for the note 20, the ultra actually, to see if it was corrected with the new laser focus but it seems not to be the case. Any ideas? What am I doing wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Note 20 Ultra close up pictures are blurry

Hi @Sqwiggz 

That's because larger camera sensors have a shallow depth of field, meaning they can't have everything in focus when close to the subject. Just move back a little and zoom in. I actually got a message on the phone today telling me to do that as a tip. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Constellation

I admit that works to correct the issue some. And yes I got the same alert. But it is a work around. It is still blurry around the edges. I got similar alert that says it blurs the surrounding area to make the picture better. But in my case it makes it worse. I also do not know if that automatic blurr can be turned off. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hi @Sqwiggz 

Yes, it's a workaround (although I'd rather call it a technique) because there is no way to change the rules of optics and physics that affect how pictures come out with larger sensors. We just have to learn some new techniques to get better results. To be honest, I was very disappointed with the S20 Ultra's camera, but the one on the Note20 Ultra has been very solid for me so far.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm having this same issue