Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra constantly loses signal on TMO

(Topic created: a month ago)
johnnymnemonic
Asteroid
Options
Note20
My new 20 ultra has consistently lost signal to the point where I can't even hold a phone conversation. I work from home so most of the time I'm there or I'm very local but regardless if I'm home or out on the road it's the same situation.

I did a factory reset of my phone, I also worked with T-Mobile and updated my roaming profiles still have the same issue. I'm currently on esim, and the results are the same as an actual physical sim. 

I have an s21 in the house that does not experience these issues whatsoever so at this point I'm assuming it's the note 20. Does anyone have any other ideas to try or should I just send it in for a warranty claim? Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
6 Replies
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Note20
My unlocked N20U is OK on AT&T.
Did you test your s21 on the same sim card and in the same area?
0 Likes
JahRasta
Halo
Options
Note20
Try using Lte only turn off 5g and see if that makes a difference I have the same problem with losing signal at times with t-mobile. I think 5g needs more work at this time.
0 Likes
L4dyone
Constellation
Options
Note20
I have the same issue constantly dropping more now after the update
0 Likes
johnnymnemonic
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I did turn off 5g but the issues seemed to remain, maybe but at the same degree. Annoying though since it turns back on after a reboot.

Good point maybe it does correspond with the update. Possibly a new modem on the last. Seems as though the tower handoff is botched.
0 Likes
JahRasta
Halo
Options
Note20
I really think also it depends on the location if 5g is not too strong yet at certain points signal will drop often .for me since I turned off 5g my signal drop stopped. I also have a s20 plus 5g and it also used to drop signal on 5g until I used lte only signal is ok now.also I did notice it got worse also too after the last update but for now lte works for me now until Samsung or t-mobile fix the problem. I know it **bleep** to pay so much for a 5g phone and cannot use 5g but until they fix the signal issue lte will have to do for now.
0 Likes
KAVnote20disaster
Astronaut
Options
Note20
New note 20 June 27. 2021. Worst phone ever. Hit & miss call connecting, being dropped, text fail, messages not hooked to a network, only 911 calls, SIM not activated messages, Bluetooth can't find anything, got a replacement note 20, Sept 20, same issues. I'm calling T-Mobile 3, 4,5 times a week. I have been reset, tweeked, have a signal booster in house ...... My daughter's new A21 doesn't have any of these issues. I can't make a call but she can, my text fails,fails, goes right thru.. I AM DONE WITH NOTE 20!!!!
0 Likes