Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra dysfunctional

(Topic created on: 2/8/21 10:18 AM)
Dynamicfigure
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I'm not having very good luck with my new note 20 Ultra. It functiond properly when I first received it. I should mention I purchased it unlocked directly from Samsung. Based on memory I'm pretty sure I've had at least three software updates since I received it. The phone today as I speak does not function properly.

Some examples are... 

1. Waze does not function properly and will not route me in the direction I choose.... an obvious route choice? I've contacted the developer of WAZE and they tell me there's nothing that they're aware of wrong with the App.

2. My SUGAR/ CRM app will not even open on my phone anymore. This is causing me tremendous grief as I need that app for my job. Yes I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it twice.... no change. I've also reached out to the developer and ask for assistance but I'm awaiting a response. I have a colleague that has the same phone. The SUGAR/CRM app works fine on his device. The only difference I know of is that I purchased my phone directly from Samsung... He purchased his through Verizon.

3. I can no longer take screenshots with my stylus while I am in my Samsung Notes app. I used to use that function a lot sharing data with people. A screenshot/share with SMS was very fast and easy. No longer able to do that? I can't anywhere else just not in the Samsung Note app? Of course your banking apps will not allow that either. I can halfway understand that one... But not Samsung Notes.

4. My iHeartRadio does not function properly at all. If I use voice to text it momentarily pauses the sound from the radio, by design obviously. The problem is it will not return to program back. Even when I back out of the app... try to go and open... The radio station it will not work.

5. When I open the side panel and for example drag a calculator into a screen to do some math, I can't make that calculator go away. It used to open in a very small window that you can move around easily and close easily. Now when I drag into a screen it takes half the entire phone screen and I see no way to close it? I have figured out how to reduce the amount of screen that it takes but I still can't close it. This is extremely frustrating! 

6. Phone will not focus! I tried just this morning to take a simple picture of my new insurance card laying on my desk. The phone struggled to focus. I had to raise the camera way above the card to get it to focus. Yes, the lens was very clean.

I can't say for sure but it seems like more than a coincidence that I didn't start having these issues until these update started.

Is anyone else experiencing anything like this? If so does anyone have resolved to these issues?
2 Replies
Arkmantodd84
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I concur the Android 11 update has really bugged the entire phone. I've already factory reset twice since then. The only response from Support is that the problems are escalated and I will be notified when an update or patch is available
0 Likes
SamNoteAddict
Asteroid
Options
Note20
wipe the system cache & clear all data. Do this from the recovery menu.

-turn the device off

-push and hold volume up & power key

-release when the Android Logo appears

-use volume up & volume down to highlight and power button to enter.

-reboot device.

If any of the cashed files are corrupted they can cause issues. Hope this helps.
0 Likes