JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen flashes every 6 mins on Note 20 after update

(Topic created: 10-01-2021 01:35 PM)
usermqWLI4UquD
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I have a note 20 ultra which is less than a year old. Everything was perfect till the latest update. Now the screen flashes every 6 mins or so. I have already wiped cache partition and played around with brightness settings, to no avail. I would rather not reset the phone. It is definitely a problem with the update as I have noticed other posts on forums talking about this but with no solutions. Any thoughts?

Thanks

13 Replies
KAVnote20disaster
Astronaut
Options
Note20
New note 20 June 27. 2021. Worst phone ever. Hit & miss call connecting, being dropped, text fail, messages not hooked to a network, only 911 calls, SIM not activated messages, Bluetooth can't find anything, got a replacement note 20, Sept 20, same issues. I'm calling T-Mobile 3, 4,5 times a week. I AM DONE WITH NOTE 20!!!!
Solution
Lostinmygarden
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Possible fix I discovered 

Tried to post here before, trying again. I located the cause for me and posted to Reddit, seems to work for everyone so far.

For me, it was the Samsung messages app for SMS. Turn off "appear on top", that stopped it causing the issue

userJIcqjxAwyJ
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Well done userKRkcQIdzkH!

It seems to have fixed my phone. 

On video calls/YouTube every six minutes the screen would minimise - and on Netflix would exit out of the programme back to the Netflix menu. I was honestly ready to throw the thing out the window

Thanks for figuring a solution and posting. Good thinking 99!

usermqWLI4UquD
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Thank you.  It worked for me as well.   Marked your post as the solution.   It was a very sloppy update from Samsung.  And it is a shame that everyone else was flipping it around on the users i.e. hardware issues.   How can it be a hardware issue in a phone that was perfectly working before the update.....go figure.    I would have liked to see Samsung take ownership for their sloppy update and fix it properly.......but I guess it is too much to ask for. 

0 Likes