cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Note 20 Ultra issues with microphone/3rd part apps

I am having issues with my note 20 ultra (only 3 weeks old) when I'm using messenger or WhatsApp to make video calls. The sound quality is poor but it's fine with normal phone calls without using data. Happens on both T-mobile network and wifi.  Also what I noticed when I block the microphone with my finger or any object for couple seconds, the person on other line can't hear me well anymore and they hearing some noises (during video calls using messenger). I never had any issues like this with my note 8. So if you had this issue let me know if there is a fix. Idk if it's my phone or other note 20s, can you test on ur phone to see if you having the same issue. Thank you 😊 
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Note 20 Ultra issues with microphone/3rd part apps

I dont have that issue with mine, but I also don't have t-mobile
Highlighted
Asteroid

so maybe it's a defective unit. I got this before August 21st
Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having the same issue with my S20+.  Extremely frustrating.

Highlighted
Asteroid

so I did send it to Samsung for repair, they just updated a new software and said it fixed lol I noticed yesterday that I am still having the same issue because the other person was hearing their own voice with the echoing. idk what to do.
Highlighted
Constellation

Does it work if you use the voice recorder?  I get nothing but white noise and static unless I shout into the bottom microphone.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I didn't try that yet, let me see if I have a same issue
Highlighted
Constellation

i having the same issue, while trying to talk in a call over WhatsApp or Facebook messenger the people on the other side don't hear me at all. the mic works perfectly over network call, so the mic is not an issue. I'm on t-mobile
Highlighted
Asteroid

i have returned 3 different units to Best buy coz of the same issue. i had callers not being able to hear or hear their own voice when on spearkerphone while using Zoom Webex or Microsoft teams calls. The issue is the way the mic and the spearkerphone placement is right next to each other. I went back to my note 10 plus and there is no such issue coz they are on either side of the USB port. I suspect that also there is some optimization issues with the mics in general. I was very disappointed with my experience with the Note 20 ultra really wanted to keep the phone but even after trying 3 different units i had the same issue. Cannot take a chance with a $1200 device where the basic phone function doesnt work

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Note 20 Ultra issues with microphone/3rd part apps

can you please specify which version of this phone you have, unlocked, or locked to a network?