JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra keeps dropping connection with Surface Headphones 2

(Topic created: 08-19-2020 04:11 PM)
darktears
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I can successfully pair the 20 Ultra with the headphones but after few seconds the connection drops. I'm running the latest software and I tried to unpair/repair and I see the same issue. They pair successfully but the connection drops after 1-2s even if I connect manually.

Please note that the headphones connect just fine on my PC, or iPhone. The headphones also run the latest firmware. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userR6q7woGtdN
Constellation
Options
Note20

Solution!

Someone on the Microsoft forums suggested this and it works...

Take out any apostrophe in the name of your phone (in 'Settings') and also shorten it - I took out the 'Galaxy' part of the name. The shortening the name part is the most important bit I believe, but I can't be sure as both of us did both things

Hope this alleviates some stress for you all. 

View solution in context

7 Replies
darktears
Asteroid
Options
Note20
There is already someone else on Reddit having the same issue.
0 Likes
user53Mh1Z81mV
Constellation
Options
Note20
I am running into the same issue. I spoke with Samsung support who told me to put in a warranty claim. Hopefully I don't have to go that route. I have another set of headphones that connect just fine. I am curious as to why just the Surface Headphones are having issues.
0 Likes
userPdUPsWBUQl
Constellation
Options
Note20

I really don't think this is an issue with the headphones. I pair them with my Note 10+ and they stay connected. Same thing with my 2 computers. They are both BT 5.0. There is no update on the MS side. we will have to wait for a solution, either by a firmware from MS or Samsung. 

userR6q7woGtdN
Constellation
Options
Note20

Yes, exactly the same problem but with the Surface Headphones 1. They've been working perfectly with everything - laptops, previous Note 9. Got the Note 20 Ultra today and they don't work with it, just keep dropping connection after about one second or so. Very annoying for such an expensive phone.

Definitely a problem with the new Note 20 Ultra, not the headphones. Very disappointing rookie error for Samsung. Hopefully they'll patch their faulty new product with speed. 

0 Likes
Solution
userR6q7woGtdN
Constellation
Options
Note20

Solution!

Someone on the Microsoft forums suggested this and it works...

Take out any apostrophe in the name of your phone (in 'Settings') and also shorten it - I took out the 'Galaxy' part of the name. The shortening the name part is the most important bit I believe, but I can't be sure as both of us did both things

Hope this alleviates some stress for you all. 

B1ackDiamond
Constellation
Options
Note20

Perfect. Worked like a charm with my wifes phone. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
userY2Snv2R2yR
Constellation
Options
Note20

I just spent 30 minutes trying everything and then decided to contact Microsoft support. They pointed me to this article and this solution worked. I had an apostrophe in the name of my phone and it worked fine with all my other devices including a 6-year-old pair of Beats headphone. Apparently, that apostrophe is way to complex of a character for the Surface Headphones. Thanks for posting this as I would have never known. 

0 Likes