Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra microphone issues

(Topic created on: 2/11/21 4:14 PM)
Samsung_O9uipEu
Constellation
Options
Note20

Hello Community!

About 7 days ago I got.my new Nite 20 Ultra.

After reinstalled all the app from my other phone i discovered the microphone does not work properly with WhatsApp, Skype and other app using the microphone. I searched here for solution and one of the Samsung guy said, it was not their problem because the  mic did not work only with third party apps. Sorry man but this is not correct. I downloaded SAMSUNG VOICE RECORDER and the mic down not work also with your app!  The weird thing is the problem is not always present, sometime the.mic does work at all, other time the voice is not clear and other time works properly. Now listening Samsung washing their hands with that kind of answer after we spent over 1300$ for their phone is just ridiculous. Apple   take care of their customers.much better. I am going to give back this phone ( less than 14 days from purchase date) and i will buy the new IPhone.  Good job Samsung! Keep going like this!

6 Replies
userHI0jtizOnn
Constellation
Options
Note20

Ive been having the same issue! All third party apps calls cannot be heard. Regular phone calls are crystal clear. Whatsapp/Line/ telegram/signal cant here anything. Sometimes mic stops working while having a conversation. I cant even take videos. Videos turn out mute. It think its a software glitch. Got worse after the latest update. SAMSUNG FIX IT NOW. SEND US A NEW UPDATE!

0 Likes
Options
Note20
I would suggest doing a partition cache clear. It is good at clearing out the bugs that commonly come with a software or security update. Here are the steps:
https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-note20-ultra-5g/wipe-cache/
0 Likes
userapTF7FmMMv
Constellation
Options
Note20
I have the same problem with note 20 5g.... any updates?
0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Hello,

Try taking a look at this article for microphone issues on your device: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001249/

I hope this helps!

0 Likes
userapTF7FmMMv
Constellation
Options
Note20

Ok so I try all that no good. The only way the you can make a good video call is form the default phone app and make video call like that then the sound is perfect! But if you try Facebook messenger or What's app the mic is horrible the other end can barely hear you!

Also I noticed on the note 20 5g there are 3 microphones on the phone one at the top one at the bottom and one where the camera is. I believe the one where the camera is is making all the problems when we use 3party app for video call.

But I'm not sure why is working fine on the default phone app when making video call. It's so frustrating! I have note 20 ultra 5g no problem my wife has the note 20 5g I swear I'll break it in half!

I went to tmobile they replaced it with new refurbished one still the same problem!

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Thank you for confirming this.

I would make sure your phone is currently up to date and as well as the third-party apps. If you are running on Android 11/ One UI 3.0 version, it's possible some third-party apps may not be up to date for the new update yet. I would recommend keep checking back in the Galaxy Store or play store for any future updates on the apps. 

0 Likes