JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra not receiving automated texts/2-step verification

(Topic created: 11-12-2020 06:07 PM)
KMD7
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I'm hoping someone here can help me, as T-Mobile and Samsung customer support has not been able to.

I receive most incoming texts without a problem, however, and texts sent as a 2-step verification, or texts from Walgreebs/CVS, or auto generated texts don't come through.

I've read some online blogs for other phones and tried changing the texting software, made sure no numbers are blocked, etc. I'm not the most tech savvy person, but I've never been so frustrated! Today, I had to change a firm of payment and they were supposedly texting me a verification code that never came through. Can anyone help?
9 Replies
Solution
Criticaldetox
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Ask Tmobile if short code messaging is blocked on your account, I had this issue before and unblocking it corrected this for me.
KMD7
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I'll ask. thanks
0 Likes
Ludatyk
Galaxy
Options
Note20
You could always try to use Authy or Google Authenticator App..
KMD7
Astronaut
Options
Note20
That might help with the 2 step authentication, but not receiving pharmacy updates on my Rx's, right?
0 Likes
Options
Note20
try to txt any of the like xxx to xxx for sample of products. a pop up will say this might cost money. if you accidentally press no then it remembers your choice and will never send or receive those type of messages. I had same problem. I was able to do one of the advert txt and it popped up and I clicked allow and remember choice. I accidently blocked it once before by clicking don't allow.
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Note20

are you getting texts from your contacts though?

0 Likes
KMD7
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Yes, getting all those texts.
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Note20

then possibly server issue from the company that is sending the 2 step verification text messages

0 Likes
Fards
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I have the same problem, I couldn't reply.to cvs to refill my prescription.