JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra not receiving incoming phone calls

(Topic created: 08-24-2020 02:05 PM)
Yopiggy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Anyone have this issue? My phone will not receive incoming phone calls. I have tried att support and samsung support and they said they have no idea. They told me to return my phone. I just got this thing. How ridiculous! There has to be a fix. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

For issues with your carrier's services, you will need to speak with them directly. You are always welcome to visit your local uBreakiFix for an evaluation as well: https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

17 Replies
JLA781
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I haven't had this issue, but I am experiencing a degree of degraded signal that I didn't on my note 9.  5G is available in my area through ATT but I am growing concerned

0 Likes
Yopiggy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
my signal is really poor as well. is your phone an att phone or unlocked?
0 Likes
R3sp3ct801
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I have tmobile in Utah and it is hot garbage. Half the time when I go to call someone it just says cannot connect
0 Likes
Yopiggy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I just got off the phone with Samsung. they said I have to send in my phone for repairs. this thing isn't even a week old. and how in the world are they gonna fix the issue when they don't have my sim card in it!
0 Likes
Yopiggy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
it's about time to jump to the apple ship. I do belive their phones receive phone calls.
Options
Note20

How can they fix your problem without your sim card?  Your sim card is not the problem, likely your cellular antenna is defective.  

It's time to jump to apple?  Really?  You believe that apple has never had a manufacturing defect of a single device on a production line?  Your problem with your current phone, regrettably, is likely a single, one off manufacturing defect.  These things happen.  Apple is not impervious to such things, but lets all tout the high and mighty apple for its 4 year old tech that they keep "innovating".  

There is always the possibility a bad apple in the bunch.

My Note20 Ultra 5g, like most everyone els's on here, can ALSO make and receive phone calls.  I know, I have done so.

0 Likes
Yopiggy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
its a joke. I am waiting on their tier support to get back with me. They made me return the phone rather than send me a new one. Now they say they can't return my trade in so I am out a Note 10 plus. Tier support is working on getting me a credit. so we shall see if they honor their word. I have been on the phone for literally almost 3 days trying to get my money back. Very Annoying.
0 Likes
userapoVan4z8D
Constellation
Options
Note20

I'm having the same problem.  My Note 20 Ultra gets calls about 50% of the time.  It's inconsistent and goes through periods where it's fine and then just stops working.  Wifi calling on doesn't help.  I turned 5g off thinking it was the problem, but it was a temporary solution. 

I know support isn't going to help.  Either I'll have to send the phone in, or they'll replace with a refurbished phone.  Unacceptable for $1300, I'm going to try returning it at this point.

0 Likes
usergw5dhpdBde
Constellation
Options
Note20
I am having the same issue. I am on Tmobile. I even have the r15 sim installed. When the issue arises, I have to reboot the phone in order to receive an make calls.