JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra not receiving text messages

(Topic created on: 9/12/20 10:43 PM)
DHollins76
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I've had my Note 20 ultra for almost 2 full weeks  and I've realized that for the last week that I haven't been able to receiving text messages using the samsung messaging app. Any one else experiencing this? 
142 Replies
smp23
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I'm having the exact same issue, spent countless hours on tech support to no avail. They swapped my phone out and the new one is having the same issues. Both my carrier and Samsung said it was an issue with the new S20 and S20 Notes, all we can do from what I was told is switch to another type of phone or wait for them to fix it somehow. It is ridiculously frustrating, I wish I could offer help but all I can say is you're not alone with this issue.
user2wfnu2Lq4S
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I am having the same issue. I have been turning my phone off and when I turn it back on, all my missed messages will pop up. If I do not do this, it will be hours before my messages come through. So frustrating!!!

userYtX5ml4Nlx
Constellation
Options
Note20

same here.. got a new s20 ultra and i am not receiving text messages .. evwrytime when i restart i am able to receive all the messages as a bunch.. and again the messages are taking much time to receiv.. i am not able to understand what to do.. hope samsung will solve the issue

0 Likes
raytee
Astronaut
Options
Note20
same thx for sharing.
userX12teQ8MBO
Constellation
Options
Note20

my samsung note 20 ultra stopped sending and receiving group text messages 2 days ago

DHollins76
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Thanks for the info. I've reset my phone a few times this weekend so we'll see how that goes hopefully Samsung sees this and comes out with a fix for it
0 Likes
user_George
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I have been using Signal app on AT&T since I got my N20U without any texting issue.  See if you have the same issue when using a diffrent app.

DHollins76
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I'll look into that app. I do use the Google messaging app and it seems to work but if I use it I can't get notifications on my Galaxy Watch 3 which is one of the main reason I got the watch so I could use both the Note 20 ultra and watch for work
0 Likes
_BoneZ_
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I never use the default messaging app on devices as there are better options out there. One of the best is Textra, and have been using for many years on every device without fail. No issues texting using Textra on my 20 Ultra.