JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra not receiving text messages

(Topic created on: 10/19/20 10:41 AM)
DHollins76
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I've had my Note 20 ultra for almost 2 full weeks  and I've realized that for the last week that I haven't been able to receiving text messages using the samsung messaging app. Any one else experiencing this? 
142 Replies
Wesgood
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I have read multiple threads on tons of different things to try to get my new Note20 to send texts (both sms and mms) over WiFi and have no such luck. My iphone 8 worked perfectly fine and at this point wishing I stuck iphone. I got myself and my fiance these phones as we were told wifi messaging would work as I work at a data center where there's no cell phone signal at all. 
Please someone fr samsung or anyone with information help. My fiance is pregnant and I need means of communication..
0 Likes
TentacleShock
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Hello Wesgood,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation with galaxy Note20. When it comes down to SMS not sending or receiving make sure that it is not a connection issue. If you can find suitable wifi connection than make sure it's not an application issue.

Application issue fix:

1. Clear App. data
2. Soft Reset device ( Power and "Restart")
3. Relaunch App.

Let me know if this helps

#UnboxUrGalaxy

0 Likes
Wesgood
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Yeah I have tried doing all that and some and no luck still. My phone goes to a circle with a line through it indicating no signal then bam no more wifi texting or calling.
0 Likes
TentacleShock
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Does this occurs only when connecting through wifi, correct?
0 Likes
Wesgood
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Yes that is correct. But everyone else on site has no problems with their iPhones and other androids. Only my phone.
0 Likes
Littleoldme
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Is your carrier AT&T?
0 Likes
Wesgood
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I have Spectrum mobile. I did not have this problem of wifi calling on my last iphone 8.
0 Likes
Littleoldme
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Spectrum utilizes the Verizon backbone. Issues of this type are normally the fault of the carrier apn settings.
0 Likes
Wesgood
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I have reached out to Spectrum a couple times and get no real resolve but again I had no problems on my previous phone with the same carrier..
0 Likes
Autumngerholt
Astronaut
Options
Note20
didn't know
0 Likes