cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Re: Note20 won't message over WiFi.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Your previous iphone was a 4g/lte phone not 5g. Are you using the stock messaging app?
Asteroid

Re: Re: Note20 won't message over WiFi.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I tried using the stock samsung messaging app and also google messenger and again no prevail. it's not just messaging though, it is wifi calling as well. and yes wifi calling is enabled.
Asteroid

Re: Re: Re: Note20 won't message over WiFi.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Does wifi calling work at all?
Asteroid

Re: Re: Re: Re: Note20 won't message over WiFi.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Sometimes it does like when I initially turn on wifi. Then after a few minutes I lose all functionality of wifi calling and messaging. but still shows strong wifi connection and speeds.
Asteroid

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Note20 won't message over WiFi.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This all points to APN settings go to settings/ connections/ Mobile networks /Access Point Names. On the upper right does it say add?
Asteroid

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Note20 won't message over WiFi.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It says add but I can not click it. In the lost it shows Spectrum with VZWINTERNET under it.
Asteroid

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Note20 won't message over WiFi.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Since you can't add another apn you're going to have to deal with spectrum or if your friendly with the networking people at your data center ask them to do some packet captures of your phone to see if they're seeing anything unusual in your connection between your phone and Verizon. If and when you talk to spectrum ask them if your phone is provisioned for 5g and that you have the correct apn settings escalate possible
Asteroid

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Note20 won't message over WiFi.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Okay I will call spectrum again. I know my phone is provisioned for 5G as I had to call and get a new sim card for the 5G. I will try all that here shortly and let you know what they say.
Asteroid

Re: Re: Re: Note20 won't message over WiFi.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Wifi calling doesn't work either?
Asteroid

Re: Note20 won't message over WiFi.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
What exactly should I say or ask the spectrum tech to do or look at for me?