JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra not receiving text messages

(Topic created on: 10/19/20 11:21 AM)
DHollins76
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I've had my Note 20 ultra for almost 2 full weeks  and I've realized that for the last week that I haven't been able to receiving text messages using the samsung messaging app. Any one else experiencing this? 
142 Replies
Littleoldme
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Your previous iphone was a 4g/lte phone not 5g. Are you using the stock messaging app?
0 Likes
Wesgood
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I tried using the stock samsung messaging app and also google messenger and again no prevail. it's not just messaging though, it is wifi calling as well. and yes wifi calling is enabled.
0 Likes
Littleoldme
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Does wifi calling work at all?
0 Likes
Wesgood
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Sometimes it does like when I initially turn on wifi. Then after a few minutes I lose all functionality of wifi calling and messaging. but still shows strong wifi connection and speeds.
0 Likes
Littleoldme
Asteroid
Options
Note20
This all points to APN settings go to settings/ connections/ Mobile networks /Access Point Names. On the upper right does it say add?
0 Likes
Wesgood
Asteroid
Options
Note20
It says add but I can not click it. In the lost it shows Spectrum with VZWINTERNET under it.
0 Likes
Littleoldme
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Since you can't add another apn you're going to have to deal with spectrum or if your friendly with the networking people at your data center ask them to do some packet captures of your phone to see if they're seeing anything unusual in your connection between your phone and Verizon. If and when you talk to spectrum ask them if your phone is provisioned for 5g and that you have the correct apn settings escalate possible
0 Likes
Wesgood
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Okay I will call spectrum again. I know my phone is provisioned for 5G as I had to call and get a new sim card for the 5G. I will try all that here shortly and let you know what they say.
0 Likes
Littleoldme
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Wifi calling doesn't work either?
0 Likes
Wesgood
Asteroid
Options
Note20
What exactly should I say or ask the spectrum tech to do or look at for me?
0 Likes