JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra not receiving text messages

(Topic created on: 9/5/20 7:05 PM)
DHollins76
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I've had my Note 20 ultra for almost 2 full weeks  and I've realized that for the last week that I haven't been able to receiving text messages using the samsung messaging app. Any one else experiencing this? 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
142 Replies
rafaphantom
Astronaut
Options
Note20
AT&T
0 Likes
ToddF
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Try turning wifi off and see if it works. 

I have the exact same problem on AT&T and it seems when wifi is on along with advanced messaging, the app can't connect to the RCS server to upload photos. Turn off wifi and all is fine. My wife's note 9 is doing the same. 

rafaphantom
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Thanks, I've trying turning off my wifi, deleting my messaging app cache, resetting my mobile network, restarting/powering off my phone, and even removing my sim card and putting it back in and at this point nothing has done the trick. I keep getting the same "Network error occurred" message while trying to send messages or while trying to download them.
0 Likes
RazyRico
Constellation
Options
Note20
same here under tmobile service
user8mbpjjLTNH
Constellation
Options
Note20
Same here as of yesterday. One will send another will not or it'll show sent and then reverse it.
0 Likes
_BoneZ_
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I never use the stock messaging app on any device as there are better options out there. I've been using Textra for years on every device without issue. So far, no issues texting on ATT using Textra on the 20 Ultra.

0 Likes
Thaliend
Constellation
Options
Note20

I purchased my phone 10/3 and started using it officially 10/10. It was working fine but now it's been unable to send text messages in both Samsung app & now Google message. I've tried updating profile and prl and it still lags or has error sending messages. I just got this phone so if there is a problem I need to return it before 10/16. I'm on the Sprint/Tmobile network. Anyone knows how to get Samsung to fix this? Anyone knows how to help? Thank you.

userkpwoGMB1BV
Constellation
Options
Note20
potential fix. enable wifi calling. I had same issue enabling worked for me
0 Likes
userotZjwaQuz0
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I have started having probelms with mine 2 days ago.  first it would only send text messages one by one and I couldn't send in a group anymore. and it was also converting them all into mms messages. the only way I can send a text is to one person and only typing around 2 or 3 words .  anything longer and it comes up converting to mms and saying it cant send as network doesn't support it.  

0 Likes
Options
Note20

i believe group messages are mms. but it should send regardless. try to turn off wi-fi calling if it's enabled. 

0 Likes