JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra not receiving text messages

(Topic created on: 9/5/20 7:05 PM)
DHollins76
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I've had my Note 20 ultra for almost 2 full weeks  and I've realized that for the last week that I haven't been able to receiving text messages using the samsung messaging app. Any one else experiencing this? 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
142 Replies
Members_We6wlAV
Constellation
Options
Note20

Love Textra.  It was working fine.  Though, now I am being told that I am not receiving multi-media texts.  I can send pics, GIF, etc., though not receiving them over the past week or so.  I have tried all sorts of things to see if it would work.

0 Likes
userclSHuFhOip
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Please message when you find a resolution because I would like to get the new watch 3 and get message notifications too. 

SBarkevich
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I am having the same problem with Samsung messages and with Google messages. :\
user2w0gBYgwFB
Constellation
Options
Note20
try turning off wifi. do u have at&t?
SBarkevich
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Thanks, I do have at&t. Text messaging seems to be working ok now, but it's a pain. I'm also having a problem with my galaxy3 watch no longer synching with my phone number, and the my at&t site keeps putting me into this strange login loop when I try to re-synch after having reset my watch. So basically, I'm paying for an lte plan for a watch that can't use it. I'm quite frustrated with at&t and Samsung right now. :\
Essentialz
Astronaut
Options
Note20
yes, that did it. why text not working over wifi?
0 Likes
DHollins76
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Good to know Cosmic Ray, I'll try it out. I normally never use the default app (Google messages or Handcent are my usual choices) but I have a Galaxy Watch 3 and I have to use it to get notifications to my watch
0 Likes
userZeEJUsTp1Y
Constellation
Options
Note20

Yes correct I am also having the same problem with my Note 20. It is really frustrating that the flagship phone is having this type of problem. I don't know why Samsung have not done proper testing before launching this S 20 series. This is the basis requirement which is avaliable all mobile phone. I would request Samsung to please come up with the fix or atleast provide us with the permanent solution. I tried all the possible solutions that Samsung suggested me by resetting my message settings, have done the factory reset but nothing is working. Everytime I had to receive the text message I need to reboot my mobile phone. Can you please look into this matter on urgent basis.

Thanks

Options
Note20

have you checked with your carrier? and maybe insert a new SIM? do you receive texts with the same SIM on a different device?

0 Likes
Solution
DHollins76
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
*Update*......
So I read an article on TMOnews.com and it said to use the new sim card that had come with the phone so this weekend I activated the new sim card which came with the Note 20 ultra and I seem to be getting all messages now. So for those having the issue you may want to try that if you haven't already 👍🏾

View solution in context