JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra not receiving text messages

(Topic created on: 9/5/20 7:05 PM)
DHollins76
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I've had my Note 20 ultra for almost 2 full weeks  and I've realized that for the last week that I haven't been able to receiving text messages using the samsung messaging app. Any one else experiencing this? 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
142 Replies
Stoany
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Hi folks,
Got the new Galaxy Note 20 and occasionally I try to use the microphone to TALK TEXT rather than type, but the microphone isn't recording. Any feedback? Grazie! 
Ronsolo
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Check under Settings in the Message app and ensure that it has permission to access the microphone.

if that doesn't work, then you may need to bring it to a Samsung store (if one is available near you or to your carrier to have it looked at.
0 Likes
Stoany
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Grazie
0 Likes
Dannyzcum
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I've been having the same issues.. plus issues with my camera.. I can't have my video camera opened and have it minimized while on using other apps...please come by and help me. lol
GreatCornholio
Constellation
Options
Note20
I can send texts no problem but no longer reliably recieve replies from person I've sent sms message to.  Multiple contacts this happens with. I have tried switching back to the Samsung messenger app from google messages with same result.

This is the 8th phone I've had my same Tmo sim card installed in...never had any incoming sms issues until the October update I installed a couple weeks ago.

Did Sam break something with the latest note 20 update?
0 Likes
whitegirl249
Astronaut
Options
Note20
ugh I'm having the same issue.. im gonna call my carrier tomorrow seems this is happening to a lot of people. :(
0 Likes
Options
Note20

what's your software version? it's in the about phone -> software info -> build number

0 Likes
Options
Note20

so you are unable to receive the messages from the certain contact? or all contacts?

0 Likes
Members_LsAuPfl
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I just purchased my Note20 Ultra 5G phone and need to send group messages as individual texts daily.  I have attempted to set the messages app by toggling the group message switch off ... but this did not help.  Please advise.  This is an essential function for me.  Thank you.

0 Likes
useriqjsEZPxiv
Constellation
Options
Note20
wow glad you mentioned this that's a deal-breaker for me I'm sticking with Note 10 plus
0 Likes