JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra not receiving the latest update on T-Mobile

(Topic created: 05-30-2021 02:32 PM)
userufZNDOCrVS
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I have a Note20 Ultra 5G through T-Mobile.  Although T-Mobile site report N986USQU2DUC8 is the latest available for my phone. My phone report N986USQU1DUB5 installed is the latest, and since Feb I have not received any not only security updates but also bug fixes and feature updates. T-Mobile support suggest contact Samsung because Samsung control who/which phone get the updates. I have tried both OTA update and manual update using SmartSwitch. The result are same saying DUB5 is the latest. Can someone help me to get the latest update for my phone? I know many received the updates more frequently for same phone but different carrier.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

You can always try using Smart Switch to force the latest update, as well you have the option to visit your local uBreakiFix as mentioned by others in this thread to have them flash the software for you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 Replies
Georgia2004
Comet
Options
Note20
Just wondering have you backup your data and tried a hard reset of your device I am on Verizon and my device is unlock,, this is where I am today on my software..
Software update information
Version: N986U1UEU2DUDD / N986U1OYM2DUDD / N986U1UEU2DUDD.
Size: 434.30 MB
Security patch level: May 1 , 2021

Not sure if that help you out any,, but I did a hardware reset and didn't get all my software reloaded I ended up doing a hard reset 3 time back to back before it finally load all my software correctly and I must admit I have had no issues since that missteps, so if you do attempt what I did made sure you got your data backup safely and don't be in no big hurry to restore until you reach your goals
userufZNDOCrVS
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Four times factory reset from the setting, two times hardware factory reset didn't solve the issue. What is wrong with my phone??
0 Likes
Options
Note20
What's your lastest Android security patch level

I'm on Spectrum my current version: N986USQU2DUDC
Security patch level: May 1, 2021
0 Likes
userufZNDOCrVS
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Feb 1st.SmartSelect_20210528-154635_Software update_6697.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Note20
To get updates as fast as they roll out. Make sure you're connected to wifi. And have auto download over wifi.

But if you said you're trying to update over SmartSwitch and still no update. Either Samsung or T-Mobile is blocking your update. they could be trying to add more stuff to the update. But I doesn't make any sense. Since the update is already out.

I would recommend what @Georgia2004 said an see if that helps. Usually I don't force updates to my devices thru Clockwork Mod Recovery or rom managers. Unless my device is bricked. I would just keep checking everyday for an update. Make sure to be connected to Wi-Fi
0 Likes
Georgia2004
Comet
Options
Note20
One last things if your phone/device is under manufacturing warranty with Samsung log into your samsung account and find your local authorized samsung repairs center (ubreakfit) and take it in for them to run their test on your hardware to made sure it is not the hardware, and I stressing this, by no mean would I send my phone into samsung, chance are your phone will get lost and possibly lost in their red tape, myself I would put mines up for sales before sending in to Samsung and switching to another brand, but that just me ok
0 Likes
Juanaman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Should be getting it soon I'm on tmobile as well Screenshot_20210601-110455_Software update.jpg
0 Likes
Juanaman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
DUE1 is the lastest tmobile software update
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Note20

should have received update by now. If not, you can contact the carrier... if they can't help then report the issue using Samsung Members app

0 Likes