JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra on Verizon 5G dropping calls. NO service and NO sim card messages

(Topic created: 09-24-2021 10:22 AM)
user3OYAI9TeW4
Constellation
Options
Note20

I purchased new Note 20 Ultra in April and worked ok until July 1.  Started dropping calls of various lengths then NO network messages or NO sim card.  Instructed by Verizon to reset network repeatedly.  Did NO good.  Sent me a new sim card Monday and same issue.  Have called Verizon repeatedly for diagnostics. Found yesterday coworkers in same area same phone on Verizon have same ongoing issues same timeline.  Told software glitches..  Verizon is doing nothing to help.  Phones should be recalled.  I am in NC 336 area code.  Reported to news stations.

3 Replies
goochbuntu
Constellation
Options
Note20
Volte issue. Try disabling enhanced or volte calling . Verizon always had a problem with this. And this is why CDMA was pushed back three times on sunset
Solution
dlf2001
Constellation
Options
Note20

My phone was doing the same thing. Install Samsung band selection from the play store, go to launch band selection and select LTE all. Not ideal but the problem seems to be with the phone trying to switch to 5g service. My phone doesn't drop calls now. I know we didn't buy this phone to turn off 5g but that is the work around until Samsung gets a fix.

NoteS23userglb
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Mine has never had any dropped call issues. Unlocked from Samsung website & on Verizon. 5G is rarely available tho.