Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra rear facing camera has a white screen

(Topic created: 06-10-2021 11:59 PM)
userEWA9MplCJX
Asteroid
Options
Note20

My rear-facing camera has a white screen. All of the other functions in the camera work well. I can reset the camera settings however, I cannot take pictures because it's just a white bright screen that shows up on all the pictures.

The front-facing camera works fine. I also try to download a different camera app and they also have a white screen. Have I damaged my rear facing camera somehow?
0 Likes
9 Replies
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Note20
What are your camera settings for pictures and recording via rear view camera set to? Have you checked to see if it's something simple like a pro mode setting for white balance or color, tone, etc? Just get an update or still need thr newest one?
userEWA9MplCJX
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I did check for all modes and the white exposure is there for every mode such as video, single picture mode and all the other modes.
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

I can understand how frustrating can be. I would like to look into this for you. Does this issue still persist when your phone is in safe mode?

0 Likes
userEWA9MplCJX
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Yes, the issue of the white screen when I open my camera still persist when the phone is in safe mode.
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Note20

it sounds like the Rear Cam module is completely open wide and exposed, hence flushed with light and everything is white in your screen. Unless you are using pro-mode and purposefully opening your exposure, this shouldn't be happening.

Take the phone to UbreakIfix and have them diagnose your cam, see if it's damaged/defective. If they say it's fine, then try submitting an issue report to Samsung Members app after reattempting to take picture with the rear cam.]

by the way, is ALL the rear cam lens showing white screen? change the zoom and see if other lenses are fine. 

userEWA9MplCJX
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Thanks Mr. Lee, I contacted You break I fix and they are ordering me the three lenses that make up the rear cameras.
My note 20 Ultra phone is under warranty until February 27th 2022.
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Note20

congrats on a simple fix rather than having to go through disputes and stuff. Hope the new lenses work through its life time.

userEWA9MplCJX
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Thanks I hope it will resolve the issue.
0 Likes
JAGOM
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Note 20 ultra, about 30 pictures taken in the same day with the rear cam. about half of them are good and the other half are only white screens and can't see the pictures.
0 Likes