Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra reboots nightly on wireless charger

(Topic created: 08-03-2022 04:43 AM)
TheTrueBard
Astronaut
Options
Note20
My Note 20 Ultra has been rebooting itself nightly for about a week now. It only does it at night. I don't know if wireless charging is the issue as I charge it this way every night but it's getting really old waking up to notifications I needed that evening when I was sleeping. I have tried clearing the phone's cache. It didn't reboot the first night after being cleared but started up again the night after.
19 Replies
tom2055
Red Giant
Options
Note20
Go to settings > battery and device care > tap the 3 dot menu in the top right hand corner > tap "automaton" > and make sure "auto restart at set tines" is off
0 Likes
TheTrueBard
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I've already checked that. I did find a reddit thread that mentioned turning on "protect battery". I've got that on now and trying it tonight.
0 Likes
tom2055
Red Giant
Options
Note20
If that doesn't work you could also try cable charging for a night, the wireless charger may be overheating the phone causing it to shutdown and then restart once it cooled down. This could be caused by the phone case you have (assuming your using one) if it's very bulky it would be harder to charge wirelessly therefore generating more heat.
0 Likes
TheTrueBard
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I thought about that as a possibly but it all started in the last week or so and the case is the same. However, if this change of battery charge level works I'm going to turn it off (the battery protection setting) and try charging wirelessly without the case it's in. See how that goes. I appreciate all the help and ideas.
userMYmKuyuIKr
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I just ended up getting an upgrade to the s22 ultra
0 Likes
TheTrueBard
Astronaut
Options
Note20
How long did you deal with this and what did you try?
0 Likes
userMYmKuyuIKr
Astronaut
Options
Note20
A week at least and anytime my galaxies would start doing that, I just upgrade
0 Likes
TheTrueBard
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Wait this has happened before to you? I've had notes exclusively since the 2 and never had this happen.. this is common??
0 Likes
userMYmKuyuIKr
Astronaut
Options
Note20
This is the second time out of the Samsung galaxy family phones I've had this happen. First time was on the S8+ and then last month with my s20 ultra