Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra restarts for no reason.

(Topic created: 04-02-2022 07:18 AM)
Radio204detroit
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Can anyone tell me what this means in laymen's terms??: (Thanks in advance) 

"Problem Countermeasure : random crash observed frequently due to ap or ddr instability.
please guide the customer to visit the cs center."

22 Replies
Ch_k37
Comet
Options
Note20
Try to factory reset ..
It's maybe has some malfunctioning in the system...

Do the back up data first before reset..
Hopefully it will fix!
NPC1
Comet
Options
Note20
How do you know it restarts? You set it restart or is it asking for your pass/pin instead of fingerprint?
0 Likes
Radio204detroit
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Timed restart is turned off. It will restart on its own sometimes 2or 3 times a day. After it restarts I have to swipe and then enter my passcode. It started about a month ago. No crazy or nefarious apps installed. I reported it to Samsung with error logs and that's the response they sent back to me.
0 Likes
NPC1
Comet
Options
Note20
Oops, my post was supposed to say, do you see it restart. I ask that because for security reasons, the phone does ask for pass/pin instead of fingerprint once in awhile. Not sure if you took that as the phone restarting itself. . Or if you actually saw it restart.
0 Likes
Options
Note20
What the exact wording on that?

An app doesn't need to want to hurt you if it has a bug. And telling if an app is nefarious doesn't work how you might be thinking, I'm guaranteeing you they don't read the code, not even Google does that.

There is no Samsung option that will cause this. I've got a couple ideas, but need that wording first.
0 Likes
Radio204detroit
Asteroid
Options
Note20
This was the response. Screenshot_20220402-102402_Samsung Members.jpgScreenshot_20220402-102355_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Note20
Oh lol.

So whoever sent you that has rules on how they're supposed to help you. And that's one of them. It's telling them to tell you to call support.

Instead they sent you the rule lmao. Call customer support. You should do that.
-
It's very likely an app doing this to you. You can test this by putting the phone in safe mode and seeing if it still happens. This temporarily disables all apps that you've added to the phone and gives you a major clue.

If this didn't happen until after the update, there's a more sure solution, so let me know.
Radio204detroit
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Thank you for your help. I will do that and report back in the future. I never know when it's gonna do it.
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20
Do to have SD card in it?
0 Likes