cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Note 20 Ultra will only charge with Super Fast Charger

Hi all. I'm hoping to find a resolution to this charging problem I am currently dealing with on my two month old Note 20 Ultra.

I, like a lot of you bought the N20U from Samsung on pre-order. It was delivered and I absolutely love it other than this problem which started about two weeks ago.

I am a disaster restoration contractor and use roughly 200 gbs of data a month. I take a enonormous amount of photos from the sites that I am on daily and use my phone to its limits with multiple layers open at a time.

I have found that this phone will only charge (literally) on its provided Super Fast Charging charger. I have two of them and today the second Super Fast Charger (it is always plugged into the 110 outlet in my truck) would only charge at 1100 mA (I use Ampre). My 45 watt HP Envy laptop charger that used to charge my old Note 10+ will only charge the N20U at minimal amperage (usually less than 1000 mA).

This charging issue happened one day out of the blue and seemed completely random. There has been no issue with Super fast Charging or for that matter Fast Charging with my other Samsung and Anker chargers up until this point.

Does anyone have any crazy ideas that may help me and this charging issue? 

As a fyi, if I use a regular cigarette fast charger I only get 350/500 Ma if I am lucky.

Thank you.... 

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Note 20 Ultra will only charge with Super Fast Charger

Check the port for any debris lint, saw dust, insulation can be interfering with with a couple of the pins and reduce the charging capability.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Note 20 Ultra will only charge with Super Fast Charger

The day this happened I freaked out as my phone would not take a charge from after the battery drained from uploading videos and photos to G Photos. I took it to a VZW store as VZW is my carrier and he blew the USB C connector port out with compressed air but it still would not charge. The only way we could get it to charge was a 10 Amp wireless charger that gave it a trickle charge. Once I got it to 20% (a hour) the original charger somehow came back to life and gave it a charge but not at full speed
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Re: Note 20 Ultra will only charge with Super Fast Charger

Did they also blow out the cable you're charging with? Is this also happening with different cables?
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Re: Re: Note 20 Ultra will only charge with Super Fast Charger

They did not blow out the charging end of the USB C but this problem seems to be with multiple fast charging cables at random
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Note 20 Ultra will only charge with Super Fast Charger

Have you tried USBC headphones in the port? If so do they work? Do you have a case that allows full penetration of the cable into the port?
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Note 20 Ultra will only charge with Super Fast Charger

I have not tried that yet as I do not have a pair. All I have are Jaybird Bluetooth sets
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Note 20 Ultra will only charge with Super Fast Charger

Ok just trying to figure out if it's a port issue or something in the charging circuit.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Note 20 Ultra will only charge with Super Fast Charger

My phone died after 8 hours of use today and as I plugged it into my 110 in my truck it wouldn't charge fast, literally only a trickle. I unplugged it and took it into our command center and plugged the Super Fast Charger into one of the buse's 110 outlets and I'm getting 1040 Ma right now
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Note 20 Ultra will only charge with Super Fast Cha..

Have you been charging only from inverter supplied power?