Original topic:

Note 20 Wireless Issue Solved? - SAMSUNG YOU MUST READ THIS

(Topic created on: 12/13/20 1:37 PM)
pullenuk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Getting problems with the Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra wifi disconnecting or pausing while still connected?

Go to Settings -> Location -> Google Location Accuracy

Turn it off.

Wifi will remain stable and connected! It does mean you won't get the advanced location parts of the phone working for example the camera will ask you to turn it back on. Google Maps might take slightly longer to lock onto you. But at least the phone stays connected to wifi.

This is clearly an issue with the location side of things as it uses wifi, bluetooth, gps and mobile data together to lock your location. So Samsung, you have a software bug that needs squashing and squash it fast because you haven't solved this issue and the phone been out for months. If it's a hardware issue then you got bigger problems!

Thanks to everyone on here who all managed to figure it out and spread the message. Please submit reports (and to exisiting ones) to Samsung under the Members app and add that turning off Google Location Accuracy stops the issue of the Wifi freezing/disconnecting. The more of us that submit it, the quicker Samsung will realise it's not a one-off. I'm disappointed that Samsung can't seem to find the issue themselves.

7 Replies
tenn
Astronaut
Options
Note20
OK
0 Likes
userp4F3P7JAcq
Astronaut
Options
Note20
this has been driving me nuts for a week now and running up my data.. I've tried every Network reboot .. going to try this now. thank you!
0 Likes
userp4F3P7JAcq
Astronaut
Options
Note20
omg it worked !!!! awesome thank you my phone is whole again.
0 Likes
user6QF5seowdC
Constellation
Options
Note20

I don't think it's hardware... The same thing is happening on my Note10.

0 Likes
usertwNtyJUZJG
Constellation
Options
Note20

Same thing happens on my Note 10+, and have seen it on other Samsung devices. Turning off Google Location Accuracy fixed the problem for me for about 3 weeks before the problem came back (with all Google Location Accuracy stuff still turned off). Fed up now. Anybody got any other solutions?

0 Likes
pullenuk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Are you sure it's still turned off? I keep getting apps like the camera and Waze which keeps trying to turn Google Location Accuracy back on, which brings the problem back. 

One of the supermarkets I shop in uses scanning in store using my phone. I have to turn it back on for it to work. If I forget to turn it back off when home, the wifi problem comes back. So the problem still exists and this seems to be the only way to fix at the moment.

Samsungs engineers have gone quiet suddenly as well which is not helpful.

0 Likes
Members_5k6SRpl
Asteroid
Options
Note20

This problem has been there for my phone too before I finally returned it. Amazingly no Samsung update to fix this problem for such a long time. It is very annoying. 

0 Likes