cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Note 20 ultra Verizon 5g patch issues, forced lock screen while using

Hello, 

A few days ago I upgraded both of my Note 20 ultras with the new 5g patch for Verizon. Prior to this the phones were great. However 1 phone has a very annoying problem now and both are getting about half the speed of 4gLTE now. 

Well 1 of the phones now will randomly go back to the lock screen.  This has happened to me at random times. I can be typing a text message, watching a video,  scrolling through the internet and social media platforms,  or any other activity,  and I'll be kicked back to lock screen. One of the times even did a forced instant power off and restart.  Also when this happens my messenger chat heads all close. 

This particular phone while installing and setting up the phone for the patch, took an incredibly much longer time to do the patch,  sound 15 minutes.  While the other note 20 ultra took about 3 minutes to do the patch.

The other issue I'm having, most likely a verizon issue but wanted to make sure, is that the 5g speeds. I am getting almost constant half the speed down and up of the 4g speeds. 

Are these known issues on the Note 20 ultra? Or is the random going to lock screen a hardware or software, issue with the 1 phone? I've actually been debating on doing a factory reset because when I moved to the Note 20 ultra from the Note 8 it caused some settings issues with moving all of my songs and apps over.  I think that is also why the patch is taking so long to install and setup. 

So I've never had to do this before, but is there a way to revert back the previous phone software patch? My wife's Note 20 ultra seems fine with the patch, just wrote a bit slower when not on wifi, so going back on software would be good. 

Thank you for the help,  in advance, 

Richard

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 20 ultra Verizon 5g patch issues, forced lock screen while using

you can do back but would have to do so through odin
Highlighted
Halo

Try the factory reset first and see what happens. Sometimes when firmware if patched there can be conflicts which lead to u desirable operation. Factory resetting usually resolves those.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you to both of you! 

I'll try the factory reset tonight once I get home. 

Thank you again! 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Verizon does not have 5G in will not have 5G until the end of the year
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Only AT&T has true 5G
Highlighted
Asteroid

@RootRoot Verizon wireless has had nation wide 5g for over a week now.  I've been using 5g since Tuesday. 

As you can see in the upper right corner,  as I was writing this post. 

Verizon wireless nationwide 5g coverage map

20201017_123827.jpg

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

And T-Mobile but T-Mobile's is not that reliable in their 4 g's faster than their 5G
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

they don't in update no one on version has 5g here out of 5 note 20 ultras no one has it
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

so not they don't they have lied