JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 ultra battery drains fast

(Topic created: 08-21-2020 09:08 AM)
userCBj2Lq6enn
Asteroid
Options
Note20
My note 20 ultra battery drains fast. Should I return the junk? My S10 plus has better battery life than this $1300 phone.
146 Replies
Gerry319
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Mine is draining quicker than my note9 but it is also still in learning mode.  I'm really hoping it settles in and performs like the note9.  My 9 would last all day +

Rob77
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
mine is doing the same thing. Will learning mode help it?
Gerry319
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I hope so,  its just learning its usage habits, It would be dissappointing if it does not get better.  I'll share my results when its done the learning.

0 Likes
Ssnake28
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
If you turn off the adaptive refresh rate you will probably have better battery life.
0 Likes
JeffJV
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

But...why?? Isn't this killer feature one of the main draws/incentives/reasons why I upgraded from my Note 8 to the Note 20 Ultra??  Wouldn't this be like turning on Eco Mode on my Tesla Model S Performance and keeping it on?  Yes, it saves battery life, but it would effectively kill the best experience of owning the Note 20 to begin with.  And yes, I'm experiencing very disappointing battery as well.  Here's hoping that Samsung releases a magic software update that addresses this...

TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Note20

Post some battery use charts from Settings. Let's see what's going on. 

0 Likes
userHzDPd5vXxU
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Mine decides to go down 47% in the 5hrs while I was sleeping and then another 32% during my drive to work. So I am honestly beside myself and saddened as I'm sacrificing a lot in my everyday life to afford this updrade/plan 😥

Capo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
that's horrible. I truly hope that a update is sent out to fix this for your sake and those in the same situation
0 Likes
erimer
Astronaut
Options
Note20
that's no normal.
mine just get from 100 to 98.
I hope you can have a solution very soon
0 Likes
KDubb88
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I've never had an issue with battery life on a Samsung device until now. I'm extremely disappointed in this outcome. I expected more with the snapdragon 865+ with the adaptive screen. My S10+ did a much better job. I hope there's an update soon that better optimizes the battery. There's no excuse for a phone that costs $1300 to have such drastic battery drain.