Original topic:

Note 20 ultra battery drains fast

(Topic created: 08-21-2020 09:48 PM)
userCBj2Lq6enn
Asteroid
Options
Note20
My note 20 ultra battery drains fast. Should I return the junk? My S10 plus has better battery life than this $1300 phone.
146 Replies
user7xo9GfcOyh
Constellation
Options
Note20
Samsung... please better optimize the software on the Note 20 Ultra. My Note 10+ had considerably better battery life. I'm am very disappointed thus far. Fingers crossed you figure this out. I've employed all the normal tips and tricks as well. 
Jomar175
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
wait update soon.
Nnr
0 Likes
gutierrez4950
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Man no lie same phone same problem battery is terrible even with power mode on.
0 Likes
johnnymnemonic
Asteroid
Options
Note20
agreed. note10+ was easily a day and a half if needed. not even close with the 20ultra.
0 Likes
Capo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
they really dropped the ball with this. how do you release a phone marketed as being a all day battery for "power users" and the battery doesn't even last half of the day
0 Likes
ALGAHIM
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Galaxy note 20 ultra 5g . Battery drain quickly and can't make video call on Verizon.
Options
Note20
I'm getting more battery drain than expected as well. I'm wondering if Samsung needs to do some tinkering through software updates.
gutierrez4950
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Same problem here had since Wednesday and battery is terrible.
0 Likes
Winordieracin
Constellation
Options
Note20
Agreed. Battery doesn't even compare to the Note 10 Plus which would last most the day with heavy use.
0 Likes
JeffJV
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Same. There are more and more comments and threads like this in the Community, and I even "ranted" in another one about Samsung only using a 4,500 MaH battery, when many other manufacturers are putting 6,000 MaH (and larger) batteries in their flagships.  They seem to be cost-cutting and hedging their bets that current owners who are disappointed in this year's battery life will buy next year's Note, which will undoubtedly have a bigger battery.  For now, I'll either return this $1,300 phone and wait for the (GULP) iPhone 12 Pro Max (and I HATE the Cult of Apple), or hopefully Samsung will send out a software update (like they did for previous Notes, which seemed to help increase battery life).  For now, it's so disappointing.