Original topic:

Note 20 ultra battery drains fast

(Topic created: 08-22-2020 07:10 PM)
userCBj2Lq6enn
Asteroid
Options
Note20
My note 20 ultra battery drains fast. Should I return the junk? My S10 plus has better battery life than this $1300 phone.
146 Replies
HunterW
Constellation
Options
Note20

Seen a lot commonts saying note20U battery life is very bad. I think the battery life is decent. (Spoke on the phone for three hours today) adoptive refresh rate too :))
userSVaXnyttSL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

It does not count if you charge your phone in between, if you run the adaptive refresh rate and don't use the charger as your chart is clearly showing most people are only getting 4 or 5 hours of battery life, my S20+ lasts longer, and why many people returned the phone, The whole BLUE part of your chart is showing you charging the phone in the day

Russkiy
Constellation
Options
Note20
Note 20 Ultra. I'm running it on medium power mode, 5G is on. I've drained almost half of the battery in about 5 hours. Anyone else having this?
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20
Hello @Russkiy

I also have the Note 20 Ultra, and I haven't had that much of power drain...did you happen to check in device care (settings->device cars->battery->battery usage) and see what apps might be draining the battery? even though you have medium power saving mode on, there are some apps that will still run in the background if you gave it permissions when installing apps.

Also, is the 5G signal good in your area? If the 5G signal is weak in your area, the constant trying for a good connection will also drain your battery. I have switched my phone to LTE until the 5G in my area is better, but not all carriers allow their customers to change this setting. I have TMobile and they allow it. If you want to check settings->connections->mobile networks->then tap on the network mode and select LTE/3G/2G autoconnect.

I hope this helps.

IAMCANADIAN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Mari good tip on the 5g....for carriers that don't allow that change, do you think the phone is still constantly searching out 5G?

That may need to be a software level change if so....batteries will be bad all over the US

Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

Well yes. Your 5G phone will constantly search for a 5G signal if your 5G is enabled. Now like I said, I'm able to change my mobile network to LTE in my phone's settings and since LTE is more accessible and basically everywhere, I don't have a problem with my connection and it's not constantly searching for 5G. 

And the fact the battery on the Note 20 Ultra is only 4500mAh compared to the 5000mAh on the S20 Ultra, I notice I have to charge my phone sooner now than I used to.

Still prefer the Note Ultra, just love the design of the Note series 😊

KB89
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Who had the genius idea to start the storage on 128g while the note  10 plus last year started with 256 base storage this is step backwards there is no reason I'm paying the same price for less storage I was planning to buy it but I'm not paying 150$ extra for 512gigs I'm really disappointed.
Jobz
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Even 512 gb doesnt have all the accessories, no earphones, no S Pen tool. Note 10+ last year had more accessories in the box and costs $200 less
Jomar175
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
very true I returned the note 20 ultra and accessories gifts Samsung send me 100 dollar if are cancel but I return
Nnr
0 Likes
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Note20
yeah I was shocked by that as well and the S20+ 5000mah battery!?