JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 ultra battery drains fast

(Topic created: 08-23-2020 12:33 AM)
userCBj2Lq6enn
Asteroid
Options
Note20
My note 20 ultra battery drains fast. Should I return the junk? My S10 plus has better battery life than this $1300 phone.
146 Replies
Tech2020
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Have you tried sending your phone power mode to medium? Also, I use an app called kapersky battery life that will close background apps in try to help save your battery extended usage throughout the day.

0 Likes
TimmA64
Galaxy
Options
Note20
I go into device maintenance and put all the apps that I use frequently into deep sleep mode so once the app is closed it won't run in the background . I started doing this on the s9 plus also on the S10 plus. so far it's working on my note 20 ultra
0 Likes
AG6
Nebula
Options
Note20
I am seeing a similar trend this is my first 120 hertz screen though
0 Likes
Tech2020
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I meant putting
0 Likes
HunterW
Constellation
Options
Note20
it will drain faster than note 10+ but I think mine is not terrible. get me through the day if I don't make video calls.
0 Likes
Sadoshaq
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I got it only for 1 day.Battery incredible poor when I compare with the other phones.It gives you max 5 hours.I will probably return it
0 Likes
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Note20
Could it be the 120hz refresh rate. I know all my phones I set notifications to manual if it allows. Depends on what apps are battery hogs. Disable apps you don't use.
0 Likes
betancd
Comet
Options
Note20
I know most people are in love with the 120hz option. Personally I prefer higher res so I switched to WQHD+, definitely gives slightly better battery life. It is nothing to write home about but still noticible.
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Note20

Download the Samsung Members app from Galaxy Store -> Press the + sign on the bottom right -> Error reports

0 Likes
Capo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
The battery life on the note 20 ultra is extremely disappointing. I have never had regrets about buying a Samsung phone but I actually do this time around. I don't mind the headphones not being included in the box but when the phone dies fast and charges slow its a real issue. I don't do anything that I didn't do on my note 10+ or my s20 ultra but yet this battery drains at a much faster rate. This is not acceptable for a  $1300 phone