JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 ultra battery drains fast

(Topic created: 08-27-2020 03:06 PM)
userCBj2Lq6enn
Asteroid
Options
Note20
My note 20 ultra battery drains fast. Should I return the junk? My S10 plus has better battery life than this $1300 phone.
146 Replies
userMVhZfYO8E5
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I run all the same apps on the 20ultra that I used to on my note 8 ...My note 8 would go all day and still have 20% this new ultra 20 doesn't make it to 5 pm and my habits haven't changed. I am already trying battery saving tricks on this brand new 24 hour used phone that I never had to do on my 3 year old note 8.
GeeDawg53
Constellation
Options
Note20

@userMVhZfYO8E5 wrote:
I run all the same apps on the 20ultra that I used to on my note 8 ...My note 8 would go all day and still have 20% this new ultra 20 doesn't make it to 5 pm and my habits haven't changed. I am already trying battery saving tricks on this brand new 24 hour used phone that I never had to do on my 3 year old note 8.

I'm having the same issue.  I may be getting a little over 6 hours on a full charge.  My note 10 Plus was waaaaay better.

Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

6 hours of screen on time or total?

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

Samsung_Malu
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Hello! What you have as an option because im having the same problem, im doing the same things i used to do with my Note 9 and i dnt end the day with the 20 as i do with the 9

user7rgVb5GaG6
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I just got the Samsung Ultra note 20 and it really does have a draining issue with the battery I had to throw mine and 60 hurts and turn on the battery saving mode just to be able to make it through the day and sometimes I don't even do that and I've only had it for about 3 days what sad is I'm a big-time no fan and when I have my note 9 I didn't have any issues whatsoever but I ended up breaking it and this is right at the beginning of the pandemic  in so my carrier being Verizon didn't have a whole lot to work at my local store so I took the iPhone 11por max it was the biggest phone they had at the time and I need for work and health issues but I had almost as much battery life as my note 9 did 

userFcnOVXRBrp
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I have the same problem.  My Note 9 battery performance was much better.  

JeffJV
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Same.  The battery on my Note 8 (that I just boxed up and sent to Samsung for the Trade In Program yesterday) was starting to wither down, but after my 20-minute morning routine every day, I could come away with 95%-96%.  That same routine with my Note 20 Ultra brings it down to 89%-90%. And now, I'm googling and youtubing the battery saving tips too!! I understand they're completely different phones, but then shouldn't the battery compensate?  It's like I'm driving an old Chevy V-8 like it should be, and I actually see the gas gauge needle move down while I drive - so weirdly disappointing.  It's unbelievable that Samsung didn't go with at least a 5,000 MaH battery with their best and supposedly leading edge flagship.  Samsung must be in a cost-cutting mode, waiting on feedback, so that the Note 21 or 30 will get the bigger battery (like when they went from a too small battery in the Note 9  to an adequate one in the Note 10).  Alas, like every other phone manufacturer, even including the Cult of Apple, not even a trillion dollar company like Samsung can design and manufacture the "perfect" phone - with the best chipset, the best camera configuration (looking at you Google without an ultra wide on their flagship Pixel), best hardware, best software experience, and yes, best battery life.  Will my next phone with a stylus be made by a non-banned Chinese company - they seem to throw EVERYTHING experimental and cutting edge into their phones.  If Huawei made the Note 20 Ultra - it would have a 6,000 MaH (or larger) battery with 120W super ultra fast charging!  Whew, sorry for the long answer, but yes, I am extremely disappointed in the battery life of my $1,300 phone so far.

JohnPineiro
Constellation
Options
Note20

I have same problem. I checked my apss and disable the Mcafee wich was draining my phone really fast. The battery problem apparently was resolved and my battery is during much more. 

0 Likes
EverybodyBrace
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I agree...my note 8 did a terrific job for 3 years. I was surprised when I got the Note 20 ultra to see that the battery life is going quick. I'm anxious to see if the remedies online fix this issue!