JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 ultra battery drains fast

(Topic created: 10-07-2020 11:07 AM)
userCBj2Lq6enn
Asteroid
Options
Note20
My note 20 ultra battery drains fast. Should I return the junk? My S10 plus has better battery life than this $1300 phone.
146 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Note20

i returned 2 note 20 ultra units and got a S20+. First unit was pre order from samsung had the camera fail on me and heating issues while on wireless charger and poor battery life. Second one from Best Buy had bad battery life and echo issues when using speakerphone. I tried all troubleshooting steps, letting the battery learn my patterns for about 10 days made no difference. The background drain is really bad on this version. Also i thought it was the adaptive refresh rate so switched to 60 and FHD and still bad battery life. My S20plus with the same battery and with 120hz refresh rate locked at FHD gives me an entire day of usage with approx 5 to 6 hours Screen on time. I traded in my Note10 plus at Bestbuy and really regret that now. This Note20 Ultra is not a power user phone from the past if you are someone who needs it for real work. Try using webex zoom or microsoft teams and see that battery just die on you.  

0 Likes
MrsVR
Asteroid
Options
Note20
yes my battery does not
last a whole
day wither which
is very dissapointing! Work 12 hr shifts with phone in
my pocket and barely use
it. But could
be the apps on phone running in back
ground ? I deleted some Apps and it improved
Some.
0 Likes
getthisfixed
Astronaut
Options
Note20
this is crazy ..... my battery drains super fast smh
0 Likes
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

I honestly don't understand why so many people are having issues with the battery life, I'm actually very happy with it. After a little over a month of use, I'm not noticing it to be any different from Note10+. I have a Snapdragon model. 

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

TheMguy
Constellation
Options
Note20

I have as well the same big problem. I have bought my note 20 ultra for a week now and I feel like I just thrown 1300 euros out of the window. Before my note 20 ultra I've had a Huawei mate 20 pro. I never, but never thought in 2 years since I've had that phone, that my battery will die on me, never. The same habits, same apps and at the end of the day I still had 40% battery left and now with Samsung I need to charge it 2 or 3 times a day. What kind of flagship is this? Don't get me wrong, I love this phone, but the battery MUST make it AT LEAST till the end of the day, we are almost in 2021 and this thing is very expensive. Its unbelievable. I really hope that this is only a software problem, if not I will be forced to send it back. The phone itself is big enough, I don't need to carry every time I leave the house a powerbank just because my 1300€ phone cannot make it trough the day. This is very frustrating. 

Chancezn
Constellation
Options
Note20

I too have the Note 20 Ultra model witht he snapdragon 865. However previously i owned the S20 Ultra and i do notice shoter batter life than that, only because the note20 ultra has a smaller batter size. plus it also depends on what you do with your phone.

0 Likes
Ninja412
Asteroid
Options
Note20
my note 20 ultra drains like the old Samsung phones :mobile_phone:
0 Likes
usermwLX7L5rOb
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Yes you should while you can. In India we don't have the option of returns. I have to sell my brand new note 20 ultra at a loss and buy something else where the battery doesn't drain while I'm looking at it 

0 Likes
userYeFjcKi4Vt
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I've been noticing the huge battery drain on the Note 20u too I still have time to return it do you think I should go with the S20 ultra with 500mah more battery instead or hope that it gets fixed with an software update?

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20

Have you tried these troubleshooting steps here?

0 Likes