JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 ultra battery drains fast

(Topic created: 08-20-2020 05:48 PM)
userCBj2Lq6enn
Asteroid
Options
Note20
My note 20 ultra battery drains fast. Should I return the junk? My S10 plus has better battery life than this $1300 phone.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
146 Replies
Jawa7400
Constellation
Options
Note20

My hope is this can be addressed with a firmware update. I, like many others have been on the fence about keeping such an expensive device past the return period. I don't remember the s20's doing this right from the factory. 

0 Likes
Jayemp
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Im having the same issue. the phone doesnt even last me through the day. my note 9 was waaay better. if i knew this would be an issue i definitely wouldnt have bought this phone
0 Likes
userd9KrmQZ81H
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Noticed the same issue with my note 20 ultra. Apparently, the adaptive display and 5G are energy hungry features of the phone. In the power mode option, I tried lowering the setting to "Medium power saving" and it did help improve the life of my battery a little. Will reduce further to "Maximum power saving" and see if does anything significant.

0 Likes
Randp1
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Same story here, :battery: is trash, hope it's a software issue, I might have a hard time selling it if it isn't.
0 Likes
Jayemp
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I got the Note 20 Ultra last month when it came out and am very dissapointed in the battery life. The phone rarely lasts me through the day and im far from a power user. I am using adaptive power saving, adaptive brightness, and standard motion smoothness but still have these issues. 

Have any other Note 20 Ultra users experienced this?
jl8907
Constellation
Options
Note20
same here I contacted Samsung and they gave me a run around, but I also contacted my service provider and supposedly from what the rep told me its a software issue and samsung is gonna fix it this coming week. we will see .
NalonP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I went to a Samsung Experience store and the worker also told me it was a software issue. I realllly hope it's true!
Jayemp
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Thanks for the response, that's good to hear. i really hope it's just a software fix. between the customer service number, online chats, best buy, and the samsung experience store Ive talked to several different people from samsung, but none have been able to help. the folks at the samsung experience store are continuing to help me troubleshoot, but the last thing i expected to have issues with from a brand new note phone is the battery life 😞

well, fingers crossed!
0 Likes
MrsVR
Asteroid
Options
Note20
same here! barely last me through the day! disappointed also.
Randp1
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Garbage battery life......