JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 ultra battery drains fast

(Topic created: 08-20-2020 05:48 PM)
userCBj2Lq6enn
Asteroid
Options
Note20
My note 20 ultra battery drains fast. Should I return the junk? My S10 plus has better battery life than this $1300 phone.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
146 Replies
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@userWYQ8lm5gSf 

The video you posted is not bad, but they're using an Exynos version of the phone, so it's not really a good example of what we should expect with Snapdraggon. 

Let me ask a random question... Did you transfer your data from the old phone with the Smart Switch or anything like that?

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

user5X2JjPAG5C
Constellation
Options
Note20

So you are saying that we have to pay for inferior product (Exynos) for same price? If we ever have choice, no market for exynos.

Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@user5X2JjPAG5C 

Wait what? No, I'm not talking about any of that, all I'm doing is pointing out that in a video shared by a user I replied to, they're using an Exynos version of the device to compare battery lives. And this is a US forum, so most users should be using the Snapdraggon variant. 

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

user5X2JjPAG5C
Constellation
Options
Note20

Oh, sorry. I just feel really disappointed on this phone. Too many flaws.

userghX9HMF9cs
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Hi all, I'm from The Netherlands. Here the exact same problem with th Exynos version.

Batterylife is really terrible and almost unuseable for my job for instance. I have to recharge battery multiple times a day. Before the Note 20 Ultra 5G I had a Note 9, I used more apps, everything on (best screenresolution, BT, NFC, WIFI, GPS) and no problem whasoever, I could use it all day long.

Also the camera quality I feel dissappointed about; it has beautiful colours and the base camera is okay, although when I take pictures of a white paper with text, partialle text is vague. Also the 'telelens' 5X optical zoom, is unsharp, or at least spotted, like resolution has been heavily boosted.

I am almost at the point of returning this phone, thats how dissapointed I am.

0 Likes
userxLNVhJxumT
Constellation
Options
Note20

The same here, in Ukraine. Bought note ultra 5g and got this trouble with battery. It's huge downgrade from my s10+. And yes, I am power user, did not switch accounts, turned off 5g, turned off security scan, gave more than 10 days for battery AI to learn from me, and still this thing could not last more than half day. I hope very much that this will be fixed with next update. Otherwise Samsung will convert another fan to distractor. 

0 Likes
Salimboi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Note 20 ultra unlock, love the note, but the battery life is just trash and keeps draining even if not using it. I fully charged it at 10;30am and used it for 45 mints, and then battery :battery: went down the hill slowly, and now its 8pm and the life is only 35% left, even my galaxy s10+ battery life lasted longer then this. So disappointing. I want a fix for this.
Richies208
Constellation
Options
Note20
same here, I love this phone, but the battery life is garbage. I have tried so many different settings, none of them seem to improve the battery life. I'm even thinking of returning it to get IPhone.
jlikesbikes
Astronaut
Options
Note20
battery optimization is where I'd start then digital wellbeing and device care be sure all running background apps are closed. and use a set brightness not automatically as high brightness equals faster drainage
PFlores
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I had the same issue but I turned on Adaptive battery and have had no issues...I get 40% after 12hrs usage with 2.5hrs screen on and music from Tidal running for 5hrs at master quality