JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 ultra camera lense getting foggy

(Topic created: 08-17-2020 07:33 AM)
WTC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I read an article about some Note 20 user in Korea is reporting that camera lense is getting foggy from inside the device.  The user reached out to Samsung and they were saying that that matter would be normal due to the change of climate from being outside to going inside when climate changes.  After seeing the picture taken from foggy lense it looks horrible..  I just pre ordered one and I really hope this is not going to be an issue.
7 Replies
Options
Note20
Could have been a quality control issue. It should be completely and properly sealed to prevent such a thing. Just keep an eye on yours and report any issues to Samsung to have it rectified. That is not normal and totally unacceptable.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
0 Likes
Solution
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Note20

Yeah...that is not going to be good at all. Condensation is going to create water spots which cannot be wiped off, forever affecting image quality. And Samsung is saying it's normal, so you can bet it won't be addressed. I'm going to keep an eye on the situation, but if it happens to me even once in the first 15 days, it's going RIGHT back. The only comfort I can see is that not a single reviewer has mentioned anything like it.

View solution in context

Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@WTC 

Can you share a link? I'd like to look at those pics too. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
0 Likes
WTC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
it was on Phone arena.com they said they are going to keep the article on the top since its developing news but they took it down. One of the Korean reviewer covered this issue on YouTube https://youtu.be/zD0LY9sE-Vs
0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Note20

If it's any comfort: every reviewer I've asked has yet to experience the issue, and apparently, PhoneArena was blasted for even publishing the story.

Also, I did a search for the issue, and it seems it's nothing new, regardless of brand/model, especially in certain parts of the world. 

0 Likes
WTC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I did find out it is common issue on some part of Florida. Despite all this if this happens to mine that I paid over $1300 also not happy about down sizing the internal memory to 128gb compare to other market from 256gb I'd be extremely upset. As you can clearly see on one the the reviewer from Korea he tested along with Note 10+ and S20 only the Note 20 Ultra is keep having the same issue. Lastly if you see the link other member posted it seems like it got to Samsung's attention that they are investigating the matter.
0 Likes
Options
Note20
yikes. hopefully this doesn't happen to me.. its hot and humid here.. 😅
0 Likes