cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Note 20 ultra camera module gap

My note 20 ultra first camera got such a big gap. It is not align at the center at all. I took this photo as parallel as possible it's not cos of angle either. Anyone else having this issue? Camera seem to be working okay though haven't really tested it out.

Camera  module gap. The 1st len at the centerCamera module gap. The 1st len at the center

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Note 20 ultra camera module gap

I also have the same thing. Mine is a little to the left also. I haven't had any issues with taking photos.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Note 20 ultra camera module gap

same
Highlighted
Astronaut

pre-ordered mine from samsung.com manufactured in Vietnam, I don't see any gap but when I shake the phone I can hear something in the camera tho. which seems to be normal
Highlighted
Asteroid

I have noticed a different gap and not sure if it was a mic gap or manufacturing issue. It could cause the phone to loose water resistance rating and of course dust and foggy lense eventually. I got mine yesterday.

Do any of you have this issue? ZoomedZoomedCamera bump gap (around)Camera bump gap (around)

Highlighted

its the mic

Highlighted
Asteroid

That's what I think it is. I don't see it any of the product images or the reviewer images. So making sure. Do you have it on yours as well?

Highlighted
Constellation

Hey everyone. I thought this was a defect as well so I returned to the Samsung Experience store in Palo Alto, CA where I bought the phone and was assured this small gap on the lower right side of the camera module is indeed intentional. The techs at this corporate store told me it's a vent for the camera system. I trust there is no impact to the water and dust resistance of the phone. 

Highlighted

Sorry but, it is not the mic.  My silicon case, made by samsung, covers this gap, and I have had flawless phone calls using this device (the case was placed on the phone immediatly).  This "hole" exists in the exact same plase on my Note 20 Ultra 5G as well, and appears to be machine milled, so it likely serves a purpose.  since it exists on (presumadly) all devices, it was factored into the initial units IP68 qualification run, so should not affect the devices IP68 rating.

Highlighted

i think it is the mic for rear cam recording..