JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 ultra wifi intermittent

(Topic created: 02-20-2021 05:41 AM)
userzVkVMCnKen
Asteroid
Options
Note20

So I've seen a couple of posts already but none of it has worked for me. My note 20 ultra stays on the wifi but no internet connectivity.

Things I have done already:

1. Rebooted phone of course

2. (Didn't want to) but factory reset phone 

3. Swapped modem

4. Reset goggle wifi router to factory and set it up again.

5. Did the turn off smart switch features

6. Trouble shooted, but nothing in the network drops off except for note 20.

I work from home so I am on my work phone, tablet, and laptop and none of them drop off. Knf with the other Iot devices in home.

I turn wifi off/on and im back in but only lasts 10-15 minutes.

My cell data is going thru the roof due to this lol

0 Likes
8 Replies
pullenuk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Turn off google location accuracy. This have been mentioned elsewhere on here, I tried it and suddenly wifi is stable. 

0 Likes
Solution
userzVkVMCnKen
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Ok thanks, ill try that. I'll find out quickly if it works for me. I knew they mentioned that before but totally forgot so thanks.

Redsoxfan74
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
same issues here! all of a sudden my phone constantly disconnects from my wifi!!! as a matter of fact as I was writing this message it did, I had to switch to cellular data to get it to go through!
0 Likes
userzVkVMCnKen
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Definitely try to do the Google accuracy, that has worked so far for me. Crossing my fingers thats the fix for now. I attached a screenshot on what I did and worked so farScreenshot_20201212-192814_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
Redsoxfan74
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
ok thank! I'll try it. Seems so odd to me that it JUST started now I have to disable something for it to work normal again
0 Likes
Options
Note20
also too many devices on one wifi channel will also have one or more of your devices with no internet. that's because your other devices is hogging up the internet connection. I don't never have my location on.
0 Likes
userzVkVMCnKen
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I don't have anything that would hog up that much and I haven't introduced anything new to the network. But luckily the Google location thing worked. You me, still keeping fingers crossed lol

0 Likes
userWtVBrxJEYM
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Just got my N20 Ultra this week and soon noticed this same trouble with the WIFI.  Scanned a few threads and tried a couple possible fixes...switching to Phone MAC didn't do it, and I just not turned off WIFI scan throttling, so we'll see if that has any effect.  

I know it's not a network issue since the dozens of other devices I have on WIFI at home work just fine, but I haven't yet noticed this issue happening on WIFI at the office, so that got me looking at a couple things on my home network setup.

I just switched my N20 back to DHCP and removed the IP reservation from my home router.  I won't be able to use my custom DNS settings this way, but we'll see if there's any improvement.

I really don't want to have to cripple another feature, like location accuracy, to make a basic feature work properly!

0 Likes