JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 ultrs screen dims in sunlight

(Topic created: 06-10-2021 07:29 PM)
Hvystinger
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Why did my note 20 ultra start dimming the screen to where i cant see it? It used to be the best. I could easily see it and read it in the sunlight. I use it for work and now it gets so dim I cant see it. This is absolutely frustrating.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Note20

one things to note first... It might be that the device's limitation isn't just enough for you (honestly it isn't enough for me in some cases), meaning the brightness of the phone is maxing out but just isn't strong enough to overcome the sunlight.

Other than that, the device might really be below standard in which case you just happened to have drawn the short straw OR if you had the phone for a while the phone is just degrading a bit faster than it should. In either case the hardware relate issues are often very random even if the quality controlling is done very tightly.

In such case you could take the phone to UbreakIfix and have it checked whether it's working as it should or underperforming. (my friend uses latest iPhone model and still noticed the screen wasn't bright enough and had hard time controlling his drone as well, so it's not necessarily Samsung's fault).

Another possible issue is if the brightness is being lowered to like 10% or 20% or anything below 80% in auto adjustment enabled... it's a software issue that needs to be reported to Samsung Members app.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Note20
Do you have Adaptive Brightness toggled on in your display settings?
0 Likes
Hvystinger
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Yes. I have tried everything. Its also dangerous when flying my drone.
0 Likes
Solution
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Note20

one things to note first... It might be that the device's limitation isn't just enough for you (honestly it isn't enough for me in some cases), meaning the brightness of the phone is maxing out but just isn't strong enough to overcome the sunlight.

Other than that, the device might really be below standard in which case you just happened to have drawn the short straw OR if you had the phone for a while the phone is just degrading a bit faster than it should. In either case the hardware relate issues are often very random even if the quality controlling is done very tightly.

In such case you could take the phone to UbreakIfix and have it checked whether it's working as it should or underperforming. (my friend uses latest iPhone model and still noticed the screen wasn't bright enough and had hard time controlling his drone as well, so it's not necessarily Samsung's fault).

Another possible issue is if the brightness is being lowered to like 10% or 20% or anything below 80% in auto adjustment enabled... it's a software issue that needs to be reported to Samsung Members app.