cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Note 20u reboots at approx same time every morning?

My ultra 20 is restarting at approx 6.40am during the last two mornings, I know this because its requesting sim pin and phone lock pin after entering it states android is starting message.

I don't have auto restart under device care enabled. What else can I look for or do research in what could be causing this? Thanks 

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 20u reboots at approx same time every morning?

Hello Fredrickdawg,

Do you have a sim card inserted into the note 20 Ultra?
Highlighted

Yes I have a sim card that requests PIN number to be used after restarts. Its definitely restarted since going into the settings the uptime hours and mins is shown.

It never restarts when I'm using it though. 

Highlighted

Check to see if the Auto Restart option is enabled

Settings | Device care | Three button menu | Advanced

This will show the Auto restart option, with an on-off slider, left is off right is on.  if it is on, tap the words "Auto Restart" to see what it is set to.

Highlighted

Restart is not enabled. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do the symptoms occur when your device is booted in safe mode?

Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!

Highlighted

Thanks. I'll do this before I go to sleep tonight and for a few nights to verify. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Awesome! Please let us know how it turns out. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

I turned on safe mode last night and noticed during safe mode all network connections are also turned off. It didn't reboot during the 8 hours that it was in safe mode. However one thing I noticed is that under battery usage for the duration of the safe mode period Samsung Internet had used 3% battery usage. Would you know why that is the case when all apps were disabled Inc network connectivity.? Thanks. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Safe mode temporarily disables all your third-party apps.

Since the symptoms do not persist in safe mode, means a third-party app may be causing your device to reboot. I recommend deleting each individual third-party app until the symptoms don't occur anymore in normal mode.

You also have the option to back up your device and perform a factory reset. I know this step may not be the ideal step to take, but this will reset your device to its default settings. You will have to re-add all apps and your customized settings that you may have had.