cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Note ultra poor wifi, 5g not usable, 4g is slow

Bought the note ultra on day 1. I first noticed that 5 g was not usable...Tried wifi, and it disconnects all day long...my last phone was the galaxy 9+ and never had problems with wifi in the sane places, with the same wifi...So in short, the note ultra is only good for the speakers...only difference from the 9+ thats an upgrade, otherwise the phone is a complete downgrade...5G DOES NOT WORK, WIFI DOES NOT WORK, AND 4 G IS SLOWER THAN IT SHOULD, ITS A NOTE ISSUE...DO NOT BUY THE NOTE ULTRA...REMEMBER YOU CAN SWITCH TO 4G UNDER NETWORK SETTINGS, YOU WILL HAVE TO BECAUSE 5G IS WORSE THAN 2G...HAHA...I OVERPAID, GOT RIPPED OFF, BAMBOOZLED, GOT THE SHAFT, NO LUBE...I ALWAYS DO, IM GETTING USED TO BILLION DOLLAR COMPANIES TAKING ADVANTAGE OF CUSTOMERS 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Note ultra poor wifi, 5g not usable, 4g is slow

I would definitely take your phone to a Samsung's repair center authorized repair center excuse me. take it from there you might have a defective antenna on your phone which you're still under the one year manufacturer warranty.
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

hello @Members_NmRHoia 

I'm assuming you haven't read the ongoing threads that have already addressed the 5G connection issues so here's a summary:

*if you have Tmobile, you need to upgrade your SIM card to the R15 SIM card that they just released about 2 weeks ago. Tmobile has found that their existing SIM cards can not handle the 5G network and are causing no data or intermittent data connection issues. If you took your old SIM card and put into your new phone, it's not compatible. Go to your local Tmobile store and specifically ask for the R15 SIM card. I've posted a photo below of what the NEW R15 SIM card looks like.

*for ATT and Verizon you have to be on their 5G data packages. So you have to call them and add 5G data to your plan and make sure they add your device properly to the network, make sure you verify they have the correct IMEI # for your device. Some people have said they had issues because their phones were not added to their plans as they purchsed directly from Samsung and just switched their SIM cards from their old phones. Once their device's IMEI # was correctly updated in their carrier's system, it worked correctly. But I would recommend getting a new SIM card from ATT/Verizon as well since Tmobile realized their SIM cards were the issue to the problem, could be the same with the others.

New SIM cards that support 5G start with R followed by number, whereas the old non compatible SIMs start with TM.New SIM cards that support 5G start with R followed by number, whereas the old non compatible SIMs start with TM.

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!
Highlighted

Re: Re: Note ultra poor wifi, 5g not usable, 4g is slow

same for sprint users? since they merged??
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@EpicRacerX yes
*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!