Original topic:

Note20 - Echo issue with my Black Note20 Ultra 5G

(Topic created on: 12/19/20 8:49 AM)
Gerana
Constellation
Options
Note20

The echo issue happens during any NORMAL video conference call. 

I bought this brandnew black Note 20 ultra 5g from samsung website directly during the preorder , it was an android 10. When I first use the phone for my call conference me and the others in the lines hears an ECHO. I didnt mind coz i thought it wasnt me. Then it keeps happening whenever i use my note 20 ultra phone. This echo issues doesn't happen with my samsung s10 nor with my s9 or note 9. (Yes i have plenty of phones, im an avid samsung user).. soo PLEASE help me fix this Galaxy Note 20/Ultra Echo issues.  It keeps happening during any normal video conference. Only happens with this note 20 ultra phone, its embarrassing knowing the $$$ price you paid for this phone. I searched all over online and i found out it wasn't just me there are others having the same embarrassing echo issues.

1. Im using Zoom and Facebook video conference.

2. I dont use earphones/earbuds

Please email/reply back on how to resolve this. I appreciate the help. 

8 Replies
Options
Note20

what app do you use for video conference call??

TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Note20
What steps did you take to positively identify you as the source of the echo? Have you tried earphones?
0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Note20
Also, do you use a case on your phone? Have you tried a conference call with the case removed?
Prem
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
This is a known issue. My Note 20 Ultra has the same issue and I confirmed it with my 3 other friends who has Note 20 Ultra as well. None of my previous samsung phones had this issue. We can just hope that Samsung will fix it assuming this is not a hardware issue.
Platformer85
Constellation
Options
Note20
I also have had this issue since the phone was released. I opened a ticket and ultimately was directed to take my device to the Samsung store. They wiped my phone, had me make a call, and block the bottom mic which always triggers it. No change. They then tell me it is a known issue...so unsure why my phone was wiped and all I can do is hope for Samsung to realase a software update to fix it. it does appear to be software related as it tends to affect app based calls more than regular phone calls. Many updates later the echo remains. I am with you. I paid $1,500 for this device and it fails to even act as a decent phone. I asked for a refund but was told I needed to have requested that in the first 30 days. I told them I noticed the issue 2 weeks after buying, then they scheduled my appointment at the Samsung store for 1 month out. There was literally no way I could have brought the issue to them at the store within my return window. They offered to let me exchange my phone with another but advised the problem would be on that phone too. The rep helping me was using a Note 20 5G Ultra as well and said hers does it too, primarily in WhatsApp. I asked them to open a ticket with Samsung to report the issue which they said they would do. Their own stores know about this. A huge flaw in their flagship phone and it is still present and they made zero effort to make it right. Last Samsung phone I own.
Prem
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Most user seems to be ignoring this issue with echo and I don't know why. $1500 phone should not have such issue with basic functionality. I still have my old S8+, Note 5 and Note 2 and they all are performing better than the 2020 flagship. I feel like I should have stayed with my S8+ for 1 more year.

Platformer85
Constellation
Options
Note20
Agree, I gave up my Note 9 and feel like this one is a downgrade. Given how common video calls over speakerphone are these days I'm surprised more folks aren't complaining. I can confirm though that having a case on my phone triggers the echo even easier
Prem
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
For me this issue happens even without the case. And also I am using official Samsung case for Note 20 Ultra.
0 Likes