Original topic:

Note20 Ultra - No Super/Fast Charging

(Topic created on: 1/11/21 7:53 AM)
Savage12
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Hi community, 

I've got a note10+ and note 20 ultra. I have owned every note phone to-date except the first one. 

The 10+ will super fast charge on my thunderbolt 4 cables, the note20 ultra will not. 

The 10+ also fast wireless charges in the Samsung UV sanitizer, the note 20 ultra does not. 

I have both charging options enabled in the settings. I have tried resets, restarts, and different cables. It's clearly a setting in the firmware, as I plug it in and the super fast charging starts, then the firmware shuts it off. 

The note 20u will only fast charge on the 45w cables and blocks that came with the phones and other Samsung fast charging docks from years' passed. 

Can someone please tell me how the note20 ultra is actually an upgrade? These missing features are some of the only reasons I buy these stupidly expensive phones. This is a money grab by Samsung, to get you to buy more Samsung paraphernalia, but it isn't working because you're devices aren't working together. So please fix this...

I end up using the 10+ more because I have to set this thing on the charger for 3+ hours each day. 

This has been a freaking terrible way to waste $1,000+, especially if samsung can't figure out how to charge their phones with their own accessories. 

Please fix this immediately. 
0 Likes
6 Replies
Options
Note20
does it work correctly when you use the OEM charger the phone came with? what's the... note 10+ is a 4300.... note 20 ultra is a 4500... which is prolly why the aftermarket doesn't work for it yet I bet. thought I heard about some signal passes through the block and if not it just normal charges of something IDK. that 200 difference is a small gap but I bet it's bigger then whatever +/- percent variance used during testing.
0 Likes
Savage12
Asteroid
Options
Note20
it does work with the oem cable and block. they are just so short though and I had everything set up for the n10+ with the thunderbolt 4 cable and qi pads. I get what you're saying on the battery differences, hopefully Samsung can lay some firmware down that nips this issue in the bud.

for reference, I am on ui 3.0, unlocked firmware on the n20+, but it didn't work on the prior firmware either.
0 Likes
Savage12
Asteroid
Options
Note20
not the only one with this issue either. folks on xda having the same problems.
0 Likes
Options
Note20

Samsung only ever had 1 45w charging adapter, and it cost $50.  I got it so that I could charge my Note 10+ super fast, but was dissapointed when I found that Samsung discontinued the feature for the Note 20 line.  If fast charging works with the 25w charger the phone came with, then it works.  The warranty for your device states that you should only charge it with this device.

0 Likes
Savage12
Asteroid
Options
Note20
warranty aside, if it works for the previous model years, it should work for this year's model. I use the thunderbolt cable to dex on my pc, which works, but slow charges the n20u. if the cable and phone have the hardware to fast charge, samsung shouldn't be limiting what accessories work with these things.
0 Likes
Options
Note20
Super fast charging is achieved with 25w on the Note20u using a pd charger this means that the charger must have Compatible hardware built into it to achieve Super Fast charging mode. I am impressed that my note20u can fully recharge in just about an hour from under 20%, without getting hot.
0 Likes