Original topic:

Note20 Ultra: Samsung Pay doesn't open in unlocked phone

(Topic created on: 12/15/20 1:44 PM)
userrlVrJaZuZN
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I just bought Note 20 Ultra unlocked phone in USA. When I open Samsung pay, it says "Can't use Samsung pay", "Samsung pay isn't supported on your phone".

Any one have idea about this. I was using Note 10+ previously and have been using Samsung pay over 2 years.
7 Replies
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Where was the phone purchased and in what country are you using the phone? If its being used in the US, but say you bought a phone from Amazon or Ebay that's not actually a US model phone, then it may not have the capabilities due to region locks. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userrlVrJaZuZN
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Hi, Phone purchased in US and using in US. Purchased online though Groupon.
How to make it US region to use Samsung Pay? I have all other apps working.
0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Yeah since Groupon is basically like an online yard-sale sometimes, its very possible you received a non-US device and whatever region your phone is meant for doesn't offer the Samsung Pay app. Unfortunately there is no authorized method to changing the region. In order to do so you would have to root the device and honestly there would be no point as the Samsung Pay app would then see the Root and deny you access. 

**Also disclaimer, rooting the device does void any Samsung warranties so it is not advised to do so. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Note20

what is your software version?

its under setting - about - software info - baseband

0 Likes
userrlVrJaZuZN
Asteroid
Options
Note20
its N985FXXU1ATJ1
0 Likes
userlZjR10em0Z
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I have the same problem. Brand new unlocked Samsung Xcover Pro. So far this phone has been nothing but frustrating. I'll probably return it since Samsung appears unable to ship working software.

0 Likes
userrlVrJaZuZN
Asteroid
Options
Note20
use Google pay as work around. I have moved to Google pay as my Samsung paybis not working in unlocked phone.
0 Likes