cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Note20 Ultra has to be restarted...

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PHONE!!! This Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G is junk; about every two weeks, calls that are placed or received won't connect. The phone rings once, then silence, whether placing or receiving a call. Moving to another location does nothing. The same thing happens whether placing other calls or receiving other calls. This continues until the phone is restarted. Also, webpages, Bluetooth, and various apps start opening slower and slower and restarting doesn't help. I told Samsung that this started a little more than three weeks after purchasing the phone and they won't do anything since it is out of the two week return period. Their solution was, first, to restart the phone which clears up the problem for another two weeks or so, sometimes less, then, second, to do a factory reset, which doesn't work. Besides, I don't want to have to do a factory reset every two weeks or so and destroy all of my accumulated data. My Samsung Galaxy 20 5G Ultra works completely fine, as does my watch, computer, earbuds, TV, etc. The Samsung Note20 5G Ultra is simply junk. Don't plan on purchasing one until the next generation or two come out. Then, good luck with that. For all of the frustration, I would be better off to sell the phone for a couple of hundred dollars and buy an iPhone instead. Besides, I will probably get away from Samsung completely and go with one of their competitors since Samsung support is as bad as this phone. Incidentally, voice recognition also stinks on this phone. <edit>

11 REPLIES 11
Astronaut

Re: COMPLETE garbage

word GLXYN0TE20 + N0TE20----ULTRA...¿¡¡¡¿¿¿¡ ITS DAH' BALLZZZZZZ'!?¡¿
Halo

Re: Note20 Ultra has to be restarted...

Sounds like you have a lemon it happens just like buying a lemon vehicle sometimes it happens. I'm sure if you contacted your carrier or wherever you purchased it they'd work with you on a replacement or do a warranty claim on it to get a replacement all you can do is try but remember kill them with kindness you can catch a bee with a little honey than you can with vinegar if ya know what I'm saying?
Asteroid

Re: Note20 Ultra has to be restarted...

I bought this 'lemon' directly from Samsung along with the extended warranty. You would think they would stand behind their products, but they don't, so I am finished buying anything from Samsung. I've bought TVs, an expensive laptop, earbuds, headphones, multiple phones, a Galaxy watch, and more. No more. I will go with LG from now on.

Halo

Re: Re: Note20 Ultra has to be restarted...

If you bought it from Samsung can't you do a warranty claim I believe all Samsung products come with a 1 year warranty as a matter of fact I know they do so have you tried that route?
Asteroid

Yes, I tried that route. The problem began about three weeks after purchasing the phone and they said it is only returnable for the first two weeks. I tried updating it, restarting it, resetting it to factory, etc. No good. The phone is just junk. My Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Ultra works perfectly fine, as does my Galaxy S7 and S9. I bought the S10 5G from T-Mobile but returned it when the phone's mobile data was deadly slow because T-Mobile rolled out their 5G too soon; before they had all the bugs worked out, but the phone itself worked fine. The Note20 is the only one I am having problems with and, even though I have been a loyal customer and have spent THOUSANDS of dollars with them, they won't allow me to return it. At this point I have a buyer for the Note20 for $150 and I will stop buying from Samsung and go with MS or even Apple but am done with Samsung. You would think I would have learned a long time ago not to trust the Chinese and their inferior products but, c'est la vie. Goodbye Samsung!

Halo

Re: Re: Re: Note20 Ultra has to be restarted...

O sorry your having so much trouble but I can understand that they won't let you return it cause that return window is only 14 days but a repair or warranty claim is a whole different thing if you can see what I mean. If the phone is unrepairable then they'd have to replace it which you could get more for by selling a brand new one. They have to fix or replace a bad phone that's what the warranty you purchased is for ya know. I can understand not doing refund cause every cell phone I've purchased except the very first few phones have a 14 day window for refunding or killing the contract but, repairs are a whole different process. Wish you the best hope I helped if only a little bit?!

@userbrkgD0mH7S wrote:

My Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Ultra works perfectly fine, as does my Galaxy S7 and S9.

What is the point of this thread then?

@userbrkgD0mH7S wrote:

You would think I would have learned a long time ago not to trust the Chinese and their inferior products but, c'est la vie. Goodbye Samsung!

Samsung is NOT based out of China, they are a South Korean company.

Halo

If you bought the extended warranty & have proof of the purchase & warranty coverage they have to honor it keep asking for a supervisor until you find someone who is gonna help you go all the way to the top & if that doesn't work I guarantee you a lawyer somewhere would love to get rich with you ya know?
Asteroid

An iPhone would be cheaper at this point. Besides, it's not the money; it's the product and the support. I'm done with Samsung.