Original topic:

Note20 Ultra radio problems with 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth and slow

(Topic created: 07-12-2021 04:49 PM)
userxvyMHs9VZd
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I've had decades of high end Samsung phone s with absolutely  zero problems... S9+, earlier Notes etc. Frequent radio problems losing connectivity to 4G LTE, WIFI and Bluetooth issues. Bad antenna design or circuitry flaws. Had to already replace the entire mother board. I'll be damned if I need to follow their incessant fixes by restarting, turn off Wi-Fi calling, reset the network, replace SIM, factory reset suggestions etc, etc. What absolute gall and audacity. I bought the NOTE 20 predominately to keep the SD card feature from the S9+, rather than buy 512GB phone which can never be found. Time to escalate big time.

7 Replies
TheGalaxy
Black Hole
Options
Note20
I suggest flashing with stock firmware
0 Likes
userxvyMHs9VZd
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I had the entire Mother Board replaced with a new one plus new firmware flash and OS. Others have the same issue.

My guess, this is a serious design flaw in the antennas and/or circuitry and that Samsung well knows it.

0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Note20

You've already had it replaced twice and hasn't escalated??

if you'd like to add on to what's already been laid out, submit an error report for each of the mentioned issue to Samsung Members post observing the problem again. This will take it up to the engineers and if they don't find a fix it'll probably be taken up another level.

0 Likes
userxvyMHs9VZd
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Thanks. I'll escalate again. 

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Black Hole
Options
Note20
Check all the contact point between the motherboard and antennas and make sure all screws all all the way down. There are many apps that can give good idea how much signal you are getting. Pick one and let me know so I can compare with my note 20 ultra.
0 Likes
userxvyMHs9VZd
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Thanks... I'll look into these signal apps. That's a great idea.

As far as taking the phone apart to check its antennas contacts, I could go back to Samsung as I'm not going to play with it. But, first I'll get the signal apps. 

Thx

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Black Hole
Options
Note20
Dial *#*#4636#*#*
And post your resultScreenshot_20210716-093005_Phone.jpg
0 Likes